Magic Folders Trimming Recordings

I am fairly new to this sort of thing but after reading some forum posts I saw the ability to edit and trim recordings on the Humax HDR FOX T2, my question is this, can this be done from the Humax remote control or can recordings only be trimmed using command line or the webif interface ?
I do not have webif installed, but I have installed magic folders and nicesplice and placed a bookmarked recording into the cut folder, but from there I do not see a way of editing the recording.
Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

Once it's in the cut folder I think you just have to wait for it to check for a file to cut (not sure how often it checks though) then you get a Done folder when it's finished.

Ezra must be on his lunch break so I'll do it - there's an Edit On Box section on the wiki Here that might help

If you have installed the Custom Firmware you will have installed the Web Interface at the same time See Screen Shots Here, I haven't installed Magic folders but as stated above, it is an auto feature that I guess runs on a cron job, If you have access to Telnet you could try crontab -l and look for an entry showing magic folders

If you have installed the Custom Firmware you will have installed the Web Interface at the same time ...

Not necessarily. webif is still an optional installation (I don't have it on my HD for example although I do have several other packages). Anyone who follows the initial bootstrap-via-web procedure will get the webif package of course...

Not necessarily. webif is still an optional installation

Sorry, I just presumed that he would have gone for the full Web-If, Without (maybe) realising what Web-If was.
I have had a look at magic folders and it doesn't have a cron event but it does have an S70editmonitor so it looks like it does it's thing every time the Humax is booted

Once it's in the cut folder I think you just have to wait for it to check for a file to cut (not sure how often it checks though) then you get a Done folder when it's finished.
Pretty much it - the cut version should appear in the "done" folder, and the original will move to "original" when done. The script script checks every 8 seconds, and worth noting the on screen browser wont refresh automatically so go up and down a directory to check.

If nothing happens something may have gone wrong - I should shortly have an update that will hopefully fix a problem with occasional recordings with particularly big frames. If you still have problems, try another recording in case you've been unlucky with one of these.

I have had a look at magic folders and it doesn't have a cron event but it does have an S70editmonitor so it looks like it does it's thing every time the Humax is booted
The script just scans every 8 seconds and sleeps inbetween. I've not advanced onto cron events yet ;)

Back