Manipulating Radio Recordings

I'll add it to the webif as an option if ffmpeg is installed.

For automation it would make sense for Sam to tie it up with the automatic decryption since the two are related.

Programatically, the two fit together well together. Unfortunately, some people will want one, some will want the other, and a few will want both. TBH, the way things are going, we probably need some sort of job scheduling service to replace the existing cron scheme. I'll have a think...

I have ffmpeg installed, has been for a long time, but "Extract Audio" is greyed out. What do I have to do?

Programatically, the two fit together well together. Unfortunately, some people will want one, some will want the other, and a few will want both. TBH, the way things are going, we probably need some sort of job scheduling service to replace the existing cron scheme. I'll have a think...
We could take a poll, but I can't imagine any purpose in running auto-unprotect but not auto-decrypt.

We could take a poll, but I can't imagine any purpose in running auto-unprotect but not auto-decrypt.

auto-decrypt >> decrypt-in-place >> unencrypt via cron doesn't work (for me) on files above 6Gig, It constantly processes the same file. Others have got it to work However

I use auto-unprotect so that I can stream HD content to my iPad or copy media to a USB drive for other people without having to think about it. I have no current interest in permanently running auto-decrypt although that might change if I get an HD for upstairs and link the two with CIFS or NFS.

:D ...which you would need to of course because the HD-FOX is broken LOL. As you know I'm not an advocate of doing anything unnecessarily, but a combined background unprotect-decrypt wouldn't lose you any of the existing functionality other than to tie up some processor clock cycles, would simplify everything, wouldn't get in the way of streaming to HD-FOX if Humax ever fix it, and if one did want to back up everything against an emergency it's ready to copy en bloc.

It is the overall streamlining that appeals to me most.

I've had a think and it won't take too long for me to run up a prototype - this and unencrypt (decrypt-in-place) are indeed going to be very similar.

It crosses my mind that auto-decrypt shouldn't be dependent on auto-unprotect, it should be able to clear the flags itself (or call the process to do it).

Is this the thread for this discussion?

If auto-unprotect is running all videos will have the ENC flag removed. It is possible to reset the flag and it is ignored by auto-unprotect.
Will that protect that file from decrypt-in-place? Useful if you have no need unencrypt a file that you intend to delete.

I have few videos that I wish to view elsewhere and I would like to be able to choose just those.

Right! - back on topic...

I've just submitted a program to the repository called soundout (sorry it's a crap name, but you should have heard the alternatives). Once af123 has approved it, it will be available for download.

It's very simple to use:
Code:
soundout "/mnt/hd2/My Video/Radio"
will process all of the files in the 'Radio' directory and will
1) Decrypt if necessary, and
2) Extract the sound into an mp3 file in the same directory.

Unlike unencrypt (which it is very closely based on) this will do all files in a directory, and subdirectories, at once and it does not need to be run from cron, although there is nothing stopping you.

Please test it in a subdirectory first so you are happy how it works, before setting it loose as the decryption process does modify the original files.

You should use "/mnt/hd2/My Video" at the start of your directory, not "/media/My Video" and make sure you remember the quotes.

This is for HDR owners. HD owners can try it in HDR mode, but it has not been tested so don't be surprised if strange things happen.

EDIT: It's there now, but I missed a dependency. Make sure that you install ffmpeg as well - I'll send version 0.1a up in a second which will automatically pull in ffmpeg on installation.

By the way, I set it loose on my full Radio directory this morning and it is processing about 100 files/hour - only another 5 hours to go!

I think I may next be writing a routine that will find all the mp3's under a directory and link them to a single directory - a sort of poor-man's flatten. It'll make exporting the files onto another PC and into iTunes a lot easier.

EDIT - actually it took about 11 hours in the end for nearly 700 files.

Well, that was a bit disappointing - iTunes is happy importing files created this way, but it refuses to upload them to an iPod because they're not compatible. It looks like they will need to be transcoded after all and that's going to take a lot more processing.

Back