manual retune not possible post customised software installation

EdTall

I have installed customised software for my HDR Fox T2, it is the first time I have done this kind of thing. I have moved the humax to another location in the house and I thought it might be an idea to do a manual retune, which I have done before I installed the new software, no problem. But now I have tried to do it and the option to do this is greyed out. Any ideas why this might be?
The second thing is that I installed the customised internet portal but I find it difficult to get round the web browser that is displayed on the screen. Is it worth playing round with? Will it have any codecs for playing video clips or music? etc..and is there a usb keyboard that is compatible with the humax.

1) Certain options are greyed out when the Humax is recording or possibly waiting to record.
2) Not sure which Custom TV portal Web Browser screen you are referring to.
3) The Custom Firmware does not load any extra codecs to expand the Humax's video playing ability

NOTE :- If 2) is referring to the Custom TV Portal >> =Menu >> 4.Web-If option, it does say (Not Working) next to it

Regarding the portal-xtra1 package, the primary reason for its existence is no longer available (access to the unreleased Humax Sky Player app). It does however provide quicker access to YouTube and BBC iPlayer than going through the standard TV Portal, and provides a platform for further experimentation.

Be aware that the custom firmware does not affect the normal functioning of the HDR-FOX in any way - if some menu function is not available, it would not be available without the CF either.

Regarding the portal-xtra1 package, the primary reason for its existence is no longer available (access to the unreleased Humax Sky Player app). It does however provide quicker access to YouTube and BBC iPlayer than going through the standard TV Portal, and provides a platform for further experimentation.

Be aware that the custom firmware does not affect the normal functioning of the HDR-FOX in any way - if some menu function is not available, it would not be available without the CF either.

Thanks, for your reply, OK so I retried to retune and no problems it must have been that I had a recording set. Regarding the Google browser via portal, I guess the answer is not bother trying to use it. I'm a little confused by your answer since I can type something and it will bring up some results just like on a PC, but then navigating to the results is impossible. So that is why I asked about a compatible usb keyboard or something.

As far as I am aware no USB keyboards work on the Humax, USB wireless keyboards are recognised and a few key presses work e.g. single digit numbers, but generally they don't work either. I found the browser you referred to, Custom TV Portal >> (Blue) Xtra >> 8. Google but as with the (Not Working) in #2 it does say 'Test' next to it and as you say it is lacking an input device

Thanks for your reply. Ok I guess I will forget about trying to use it with a keyboard and the custom TV Portal Google browser.

Back