Manually search for Quest HD from Waltham Transmitter?

Member 7823

Everytime I retune I always lose
Quest HD channel 114
I have to keep retuning the whole channels and resetting up recordings until it eventually finds quest HD
Is there a way for me to Manually search for Quest HD from Waltham Transmitter?
I'm in the East Midlands and use the Waltham transmitter if that helps
I've just searched channel 55 and it finds nothing but do I need to change the frequency transmission all the bandwidth?

I'm not sure how it can find 0 channels on Ch 55 because it has most of my HD channels which are already installed??
Does the Humax manual search even work?

There were plenty of pop up messages on the closing channels. There was one on Quest HD telling everyone it was closing on 30th and pointing viewers to the SD channel (lcn 12). COM7 vanished on Waltham at 11am on the 30th June.
I can also confirm that manual tuning on the 5000T works in the Waltham transmitter area - but only on channels where there is a signal!

(I also had problems with the temporary multiplexes sometimes not finding channels. Maybe it was something to do with Single Frequency Networks and the 5000T not working well together. As there are no more SFNs at present this is not a continuing problem)

I looked at the Freeview website which still shows channel. 55 but obviously not been updated. Looks like Quest HD was also swept away 😞

I have just checked a post code nearby to Waltham on this checker
https://www.freeview.co.uk/help/coverage-checker/detailed-view
and Ch55 is not listed there for Waltham, nor on Crystal Palace for mine.
It is OK on the predictor pages of the freeeview web site but it is still being included in their View Region pages against the row with the latest status.. These have yet to be updated. The "View Region" pages can be accessed via the "View Region" button near the top of the predictor page.

1656764496738.png

Yes Luke I am familiar with those pages and I suspect that few, if any, of them have been updated for quite a while.

(I also had problems with the temporary multiplexes sometimes not finding channels. Maybe it was something to do with Single Frequency Networks and the 5000T not working well together. As there are no more SFNs at present this is not a continuing problem)
There are plenty of SFNs still in use: e.g.
The Wrekin, Lark Stoke and Bromsgrove
Sudbury and Rouncefell
Divis and Killowen Mountain
Ponypool and Mynydd Machen
plus others
but they are over much smaller areas than the pseudo-nation-wide COM7/8 on 55/56.

My guess is your problems will have been down to one or more of: 1) the lower radiated powers cf the other muxes; 2) the sfn frequencies being outwith a grouped aerial for the main muxes; 3) reception degradation during enhanced propagation due to your location (long delays from more distant transmitters destructively interfere).

Errors on Freeview web pages are best fed back to Freeview for editing/correction... at least they will more likely do something (unlike ukfree ;) )

Yes Luke I am familiar with those pages and I suspect that few, if any, of them have been updated for quite a while.
So why your post #8 on this thread, when you are now admitting that Member 8823 was correct in what he posted in #7?

At the time, I was unsure of Member 7823's source of the incorrect info, so I was letting them know where they could find the correct version.

He was correct that the site said that, but the info from there was not correct.

Last edited:
Back