Massive recording

prpr

I've just found a 1197 minute recording on my disk for what should have been a half hour programme a few days ago.
No idea what caused it to be that length or what actually stopped it.
The WebIf says it's 43GB in size. The auto.log file complains (presumably about being unable to decrypt, but it's rather terse) as follows:
Insufficient disk space. Require=140383657984, Free=135946629120
and similar every 20 minutes since.
Any suggestions for stuff to test before I heave it in to the bit bucket?

This is one of those run-away recordings people were reporting with RTS. I've not seen one myself.

I don't think there will be anything useful in the recording other than the programme you were trying to watch in the first place so it can be binned after watching it.

Runaway recordings seemed to be in the past - there have been few recent reports of problems.

In the RTS thread https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/real...ithout-rebooting-beta.7322/page-8#post-101032 the suggestion was to post the output of the rts.logs diagnostics and
Code:
humax# nugget dump 0xa8bfd4
(which you already did)

The (interesting?) things about this are:
  1. I haven't scheduled anything using RTS on this box recently - it was a series link recording which worked fine both previously and subsequently.
  2. Why does it think it wants 140GB of space to decrypt a 43GB recording?

I haven't scheduled anything using RTS on this box recently - it was a series link recording which worked fine both previously and subsequently.
Now that /is/ interesting. That gives me something to look at as there's only one very small bit of code that gets invoked even if you don't schedule anything, and that's only with 1.03.12 as far as I remember.

Back