Max HDD in the foxsat

Alloneword

I'm in the very early stages at looking at getting another hummy as i'm very happy with my old 9200T, but i want to know is what is the max size HDD people have fitted to there unit, I know Humax do a 1TB but wonder if anyone has gone bigger or used newer 4k cluster drives and with what success?

All1

I've put a 1TB in mine. I was going to go for a 2TB, but was advised that when the big one is filling up, the media list takes a long time to display. The HDR will format a 1TB disk, but I am fairly certain that you have to format a larger disk external to the HDR before you fit it.

OK thx Trev, I did want to go down 2TB route but the prices of drives right now is a nightmare due to the weather problems they had at some of the manf plants, to be honest i guess i'm about 2 months away from buying but like to do my homework before hand, I notice you have a 9200 in your sig as well is that in the same room, if so how do you get on with 2 boxes?

All1

I'm in the very early stages at looking at getting another hummy as i'm very happy with my old 9200T, but i want to know is what is the max size HDD people have fitted to there unit, I know Humax do a 1TB but wonder if anyone has gone bigger or used newer 4k cluster drives and with what success?
You might want to look at an article over on myhumax.org http://myhumax.org/blog/?cat=26 on formatting 4k cluster drives. I think it is aimed at the Freeview box but seems relevant.

due to the weather problems they had at some of the manf plants,
Didn't they call that weather a tsunami?
I notice you have a 9200 in your sig as well is that in the same room, if so how do you get on with 2 boxes?
No problem. I wish I could set one of the 4 HDR RC 'channels' to control the 9200. I assume it was the possible clash on the RC was what you meant.

Didn't they call that weather a tsunami?
No; it is the floods in Thailand that are responsible for the hard disk drive shortages. Things are beginning to dry out now but it will be several months before full production is restored. At that point there will be oversupply in the market and prices wall fall dramatically.

Thanks for that. I Googled your reply. I notice that you didn't go in for the obvious pun of 'flooding the market':)

Back