Media filename stops web-if from continuing...

dragon-it

Is there an issue with filenames containing ! or should they be filtered out by the Humax? Web-if would not show anything beyond the program "Metalworks!", I thought maybe to do with following two filenames extra blank chars etc. so renamed those using telnet but no good. Renamed the four Metalworks! filenames to remove the ! and fine. Put ! back and fails again.

Sure I must have seen exclamation marks in web-if before?

humx-webif.JPG

HDR FOX T2 -- Web-if V 1.4.4-1

drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Oct 24 02:10 Location, Location, Location
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Oct 23 17:59 Loch Ness Monster_Missing Evidence
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jan 11 11:36 Manhunt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2072 Jan 23 01:00 Metalworks!_20190123_0021.hmt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1855712 Jan 23 00:59 Metalworks!_20190123_0021.nts
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 43680 Jan 23 01:00 Metalworks!_20190123_0021.thm
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 1189875712 Jan 23 00:59 Metalworks!_20190123_0021.ts
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 12288 Oct 23 17:59 Miraculous____
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jan 4 11:17 Mississippi_ Earth's Great Rivers
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Oct 24 02:10 Mr_ Bean_ The Animated Series

Renamed Miraculous and Mississippi directory = no different, Removed ! from metalworks filename and Web Interface back to life... rename it back and it breaks..

Only this... no dates on entries but 5 times.

/mod/webif/lib/queue.class:210: Error: database disk image is malformed
in procedure 'entry' called at file "/mod/webif/html/browse/index.jim", line 328
in procedure 'queue' called at file "/mod/webif/html/browse/index.jim", line 213
at file "/mod/webif/lib/queue.class", line 210

So i cleared the log, renamed the file again using web-if to put ! back and refreshed and it again stopped after that point but nothing in the log at all.

Oddly have renamed another file further up to include a "!" in various places in the name and no affected. I will try later using same filename on different file etc.

Steve

prpr - I will keep an eye on it, I think those were from when I had issue a while back but I will check current queue and remove like you say.

I have renamed a completely different recording with it's filename to this (and the other three associated files) and webif fails at that point too. Odd!

Metalworks!_20190123_0021.hmt

renamed same files then to

Metalworks!.hmt

and OK

Metalworks!_20190123_002.hmt

is OK

Back to

Metalworks!_20190123_0021.hmt

and it stops after that line again.

It's obviously less of a general issue and something wrong with this particular filename when trying to look up something about it I guess?

Not seen it before so will leave it there, thanks for looking!

The webif-error-log is recreated on every reboot so only shows recent errors unless you leave system on full time.
If you haven't already try rebooting the system and check again, The problem alsost certainly is related to the queue data base rather than the Meatalworks! filenames.
Can you view the Queue page form the webif and the queue database from the diagnostics database browser?
Deleting the database is the most likely fix for your problem

Sorry, I didn't get a chance to reply before. The webif error log did end up with the same errors after reboot and deleting the queue database stopped this filename causing this error, thanks very much for the suggestion and fix, one to remember!

deleting the queue database stopped this filename causing this error, thanks very much for the suggestion and fix, one to remember!
It wasn't the filename causing the problem - it was the database.

The suggestion to remember is to look at webif-error.log first to look for the root cause of a problem rather than guessing.
If you need help interpreting error messages posting them on the forums will usually find someone who can interpret them.

Back