Media Files Not Behaving

Andybrody

Hi
can any one help please
As mention on a previous post i have started coping my old media files back to a recently formatted drive. I'm doing this via FTP the files do not end up were i want them. So I have tried copy past via the web if and via the remote opt+ there appear to move but when i go back to check they stay were they were, if i try to make new folders it appears to do it but when i check back there are not there.
Any help would be great.
Regards Andy

I'm not sure where you want the files to be and where they 'end-up'. The file would normally be in /media/My Video, or a directory under this, if you are using the standard FTP server on the Humax then the top folders you will see are My Music, My Photo and My Video, this is not the complete directory structure and if you are using the Custom Firmware package betaftpd with the Humax standard FTP server turned off then you will see that above these 3 directories the is a directory called /media. Are you using the standard Humax FTP server ? i.e. Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Settings >> FTP Server = On

I'm trying to use filezila if i try to move a complete folder of a TV series back to the my video folder on the hummy the files end up not in the folder (the folder does not copy across). If i then make a new folder via web-if or via remote opt+ and then move the files into it it appears to do as i asked then when i go back to my video nothing has happened.
I'm sure part of the problem is that I'm not sure I'm doing it right it the first place via filezilla. I did try to move the files/folders back via web-if and kept getting told not enough disc space error.
I considering taking the hard drive out and copying via Esata.
Thanks in anticipation
Andy

I'm not that familiar with filezilla but you can use the built-in FTP server in Windows (File) Explorer by entering ftp://10.0.0.200 in the address bar and entering User : humaxftp and password : 0000. I would create an empty folder using Remote Control >> OTP+ >> New folder and then use file explorer to copy and paste into the the new folder, avoid highlighting complete folders, instead go into the folder and highlight all the individual files using the 'shift key'

Very difficult to explain without being there, but it shouldn't be a problem. Can you put up a screen shot?

I think I'm going to format the drive again and then copy the files back again by taking out the drive and using Esata. Can you tell me if i format the drive will i need to reinstall all the packages again and assuming that i do need to reinstall them, do you have to reboot after every package or just the once when all have been reinstalled.
Cheers Andy

I'm guessing the suggestions in #4 didn't work, you need to give more details of what is happening. It is possible that your hard disk drive has changed to read-only, can you record TV programs on the Humax?. You will need to reinstall all the Custom Firmware packages if you re-format the drive, I would install all packages and then re-boot maybe a couple of times

You might try copying a few sets of files (ts file and 3 sidebar files) from your pc to a memory stick and the try to play and then copy these on the Humax via the remote.

It could point to the underlying issue by ruling out many possible causes.

Finally got this sorted, I copied all the files onto a spare drive. Then tried to format the hummy HDD went thru all the sure you want to do this are you absolutely sure. Then enter password '0000' now i get the message COULD NOT FORMAT DRIVE TO LARGE. Nearly gave up at this time but persevered. I decided to uninstall the virtual disc2 as may be this was confusing the hummy. Still the same result drive to big. I then removed all packages by the 'Remove all custom firmware packages and settings' tried to format again still the same result Drive to big. Last resort was to reinstall Humax Firmware 1.02.32 over the custom firmware 2.15. At last I could now format the drive. Reloaded customer firmware after format and full web interface ans Samba. Plugged spare hard drive into USB socket and tried stupidly Via network to copy all files from spare hard drive to Hummy drive all seemed OK then suddenly The file you are copying is to large for the space available ( I wrongly assumed that just commanding the machine via the network would only make it copy via the USB lead but it must copy it via the network). Stopped it and now copying all files on spare drive to internal drive via remote control copy. Its taking a while but it is getting there.

Thanks for any suggestion that you guys have made does any one know why I could not format the drive without removing all custom firmware and packages.

Cheers for now Andy

No way should that have been considered too large, we know the threshold is around 1GB (depending how you count - see Glossary entry GiB).

Did you have a network drive mounted into a folder by any chance, or an external drive mounted with mvdisks?

No other drives mounted except virtual disc2 i did have network shares auto-mount installed and set up but the NAS was switched off. I would try to format again to see if i had the same problem but i have just finished copying all the files back on.

It seems to be quite a common thing for the Humax to report that the drive is too big to format. It has happened with a 500GB HDD in one of my boxes, and there are a number of reports of others having the same issue. I think that it was resolved by rebooting the box, and trying again.

When I had to reformat my 1GB HDD last year (previous box), I had same problem. A reboot (or 2) fixed it in the end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Having just put all files back on the drive in the folders they were in on the old drive, I have just installed all the packages, I have now noticed that all the files have been taken out of there respective folders and most (all except one) of the folders have been deleted. Can anyone tell me which package has done this so I can remove it and put the folders back on the drive and refile everything.
Help
Andy:)

Back