Media List for recordings not showing up. ( HDR 1800T )

• Thread starter Deleted member 7950
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7950

My HDR 1800T is having issues , the media list is not appearing on screen when I press the media button , when I try and record something with the record button I get a on screen blue circle. After this Symbal appears nothing records on the device. When I try and access the Data Storage section I can't because it is greyed out. I have already formatted the device.

Can someone tell me what to do please or what I can do.
Thanks !!

If you can not access the Data Storage section how did you format the device? Do you mean that you actioned 'Factory Default' from the Installation menu?Also when you say that when you "try and record something" is this when trying to select a programme to record from the guide or when trying to record something that you are watching live? Have you tried both yet?
Can you still access the existing recordings?
Can you still access the recordings schdule?

It's slightly early to say but I suspect that if it is no longer under guarantee that you may have to open up the HDR-1800T to check that the hard drive connections are properly seated and haven't come lose. Sometimes you have to disconnect and then reconnect to make sure that the connection is good.

Last edited:
It was still under warrant so I decided to get a new one from store, I've just ordered the wifi dongle for the device. Could you tell me if bbc IPLAYER is on the devices app services ?

- Thnaks -

This one has been reported as working on the HDR-Fox T2 in place of the official Humax Dongle :-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-light-Mini-150M-USB-2-0-Ralink-RT3070-WiFi-Wireless-LAN-802-11-n-g-b-Adapter-/151318342704?pt=UK_Computing_USB_Bluetooth_Adapters_Dongles&hash=item233b46ac30

There is a very good chance that it also works with the HDR1800T, but you may want that to be confirmed first
Confirmed.

But ...

The HDR-1800T can also use the RT5572N chipset providing the HDR-1800T's software isn't ancient.

I used this one:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DUAL-BAND...I-300MBPS-USB-DONGLE-5-0GHZ-NEW-/221905043209

Its advantages over the other ebay link are:
  • Its LED light is far more subtle
  • It is distinctly more sensitive
  • It can use the 5ghz band as well as the 2.4ghz therefore is more flexible
Its disadvantages are:
  • Lowest easy to find cost is about £3 more
  • It is about 0.65 cm longer

My HDR 1800T is having issues , the media list is not appearing on screen when I press the media button , when I try and record something with the record button I get a on screen blue circle. .... When I try and access the Data Storage section I can't because it is greyed out.
I've also seen this on my mother's HDR-2000T. Fortunately it has cleared itself after a power cycle. However I'm concerned that it may be going wrong.... and mine is still under its warranty (it was bought as graded stock from Humax Direct).

It does bear some similarity to the symptoms I had on my original HDR-FOX-T2 - see here: https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/hdr-fox-t2-stops-seeing-the-hard-drive.4234/ - except without the advantage of being able to install custom firmware to decrypt the HDD. In that case it turned out to be a motherboard fault - the HDD is working fine inside a newer box.

Back