Media player/USB connected as external drive

mihaid

When I connect the Cyclone media player which acts as a drive when connected via USB to computer produces a message: unable to read because not formatted in Ext3 or Fat16/32.
I checked and the drive is formatted in Fat32. I quick formatted it in Win7 to Fat 32 still does not work. Anything else I might try?

I'm not yet an owner of the FoxSat box, only the freeview equivalent, so please forgive me if my input isn't applicable!

I've found that some drives behave better when I let the Humax box format it itself.
On the HDR-Fox, this can be done from Menu> Settings> System> Data Storage> Storage> (your drive)> Format Storage.Some drives will simply have this option greyed out, just depends on the drive.

Good Luck!

I'm not yet an owner of the FoxSat box, only the freeview equivalent, so please forgive me if my input isn't applicable!

I've found that some drives behave better when I let the Humax box format it itself.
On the HDR-Fox, this can be done from Menu> Settings> System> Data Storage> Storage> (your drive)> Format Storage.Some drives will simply have this option greyed out, just depends on the drive.

Good Luck!
Yes good idea. I think I'm in wrong thread, as you say Fox T2 will do that but my drive is greyed out so can't format even though somehow it sees it as 8GB.

Back