Media Share (DLNA) on 1100s

Poundbury

Hi All,

I am trying to view videos located on my PC using the Humax 1100s 'media share' function which I believe to be a DLNA client?

Try as I might I can't see any DLNA servers in media share. I have tried the inbuilt Windows 10 service and a third party media server (Serviio) both of which are visible on other devices on my network (e.g. VLC on my iPad) but not on the Humax.

On demand services work fine and I can 'ping' the box successfully so network connectivity seems fine - just no media!

Any idea what I am doing wrong? The manual is silent on media sharing.

On an HDR-FOX, Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> Content Share = On turns on the server, and doesn't need to be turned on to act as a client. Other DLNA servers are accessed via Media >> Storage >> Network. I don't know whether this is your problem, but the wording of your post suggests it might be.

Hi Black Hole,

The 1100s doesn't have a DLNA server itself - only a DLNA client. Unfortunately the shared server list is empty on the Humax (but populated as I would expect on other networked devices with DLNA clients).

Hi All,

I am trying to view videos located on my PC using the Humax 1100s 'media share' function which I believe to be a DLNA client?

Try as I might I can't see any DLNA servers in media share. I have tried the inbuilt Windows 10 service and a third party media server (Serviio) both of which are visible on other devices on my network (e.g. VLC on my iPad) but not on the Humax.

On demand services work fine and I can 'ping' the box successfully so network connectivity seems fine - just no media!

Any idea what I am doing wrong? The manual is silent on media sharing.

Hi,

I had problems finding any media on my HDR1000S (same software I believe), it turned out to be settings in Windows 10.

Can you try another device to confirm that the PC is "sharing" correctly?

Regards,

Paul

Hi Paul,

I have and it is - on multiple devices - I'm not sure why the 1100s isn't seeing the server as well!

Hi Paul,

I have and it is - on multiple devices - I'm not sure why the 1100s isn't seeing the server as well!

Sorry, sounds like you've already tried everything that I did.

Mine would list my NAS, (and find content) it also found my Minix W10 box (even though there were no files available) but didn't even show my PC till I changed the media/sharing setting in Windows.

Hopefully someone who know more about the Humax will pick up on the thread and offer assistance.

Regards,

Paul

In order to see video on my HDR-1000S stored on my PC. I needed to create and join a workgroup and then create a link in my workgroup video library folder to the shared folder with the videos stored in it, after adding everyone to the list of allowed users.

Back