Media Video (recordings) list - can it be changed?

thedon1999

Newbie question - I've done a couple searches but not seen anyone ask this, so here goes.

I've just bought a Humax HDR Fox T2 to replace a Humax 9150 (and an interim Technika PVR) and we like almost everything about the new machine except the list of recordings screen. I don't like seeing all my series links in folders - is there a way to view the listing chronologically like it is on the 9150?

I quite like the idea of the custom firmware, but couldn't see any obvious packages that change the way the screen is displayed. If this is the way to do it, then I'm happy to try it.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Cheers
Jim

If what you mean is you would like all your recordings under My Video instead of filed by series, then the custom firmware will do that by the simple expedient of installing the flatten package. For information about the packages collection see the Wiki HERE (click).

Note this does not alter the way listings are displayed, it actually reorganises the recordings so they are no longer in series folders at all (once a series recording completes, it is moved to My Video and the folder deleted). This action can be selectively defeated if required.

Thanks black hole - flatten sounds ideal. I'll take a look at the how to guides and have a crack at installing next week.

Cheers
Jim

Back