mediatomb forgets Scan mode setting / turns off scan mode

rodp

Hi All,

I've noticed that Mediatomb is forgetting it's scan mode setting. I normally navigate to Filesystem/Media and set the scan mode to Inotify, Initial Scan: Full, Recursive: yes, Include hidden files / directories: No. However, over some time (maybe a couple of days) it seems to turn off and no longer updates the database when you add a new file. Am I using this option wrong or is there a problem with it?

Thanks

Rodp

Since there are (I believe) very few HDR-FOX users using the mediatomb package (the native DLNA server is good enough for most of us), you're probably on your own with that one...

Shame... I use Mediatomb to control the conversion of MP3 (layer 2) to wav in realtime so that it streams to my chrome cast ok rather than having to convert it mp3 layer 3 all the time.

Hi All,

I've noticed that Mediatomb is forgetting it's scan mode setting. I normally navigate to Filesystem/Media and set the scan mode to Inotify, Initial Scan: Full, Recursive: yes, Include hidden files / directories: No. However, over some time (maybe a couple of days) it seems to turn off and no longer updates the database when you add a new file. Am I using this option wrong or is there a problem with it?

Thanks

Rodp
I played with Mediatomb on a couple of occasions and I think it not remembering settings was one of the reasons I gave up on it.
Where does it store settings? Is it in part of the file system that is cleared on reboot?

it's in /mnt/hd2/mod/mediatomb/config/config.xml

Did a bit more research and I came across someone talking about this issue on another site and they recommended a change to the script which I'm trying. It's been working for the past few days so maybe this has fixed it. Time will tell. The first and last line indicate where I've placed the extra script. ^M is the character return I think so ignore.

Code:
    ...</scripting>
    <autoscan use-inotify="auto">^M
   <directory location="/media" mode="inotify" recursive="yes" hidden-files="no"/>^M
   </autoscan>^M
    <mappings>...

Back