Memory sticks

M

morlandg

I have two 16 GB memory sticks - one a sandisk cruzer U3 smart and the other a datatraveller.
Neither is recognised by my Humax Foxsat HDR box - it says it cannot recognise the stick and I should format it as FAT32 or EXT3 using my PC. I have done both of these formats with my PC and still neither are recognised by the Humax box.
Can I get the Humax box to format them? I should think this is impossible until the box at least recognises the presence of the stick. Any suggestions?

The foxsat-hdr cannot format usb drives. The hdr is fussy about usb sticks although the 3 I have work fine (all 8GB) . Sometimes these devices have hidden partitions. Long shot you could try Easeus partition manager to delete all partitions on the usb pen and format fat32. Otherwise try a smaller pen drive.

The foxsat-hdr cannot format usb drives. The hdr is fussy about usb sticks although the 3 I have work fine (all 8GB) . Sometimes these devices have hidden partitions. Long shot you could try Easeus partition manager to delete all partitions on the usb pen and format fat32. Otherwise try a smaller pen drive.
Graham - I used Easeus to reformat the usb drives. I didn't delete all partitions first and Easeus doesn't show any partitions. I'll try deleting first and then reformatting just in case. Thanks.
Graham

Back