Menu keeps flashing up problem

sharppoint

Hi
had a quick browse to find this issue but cannot and hope someone can help!

Set up my box - Humax Foxsat freeview+ hdr - yesterday tuned in channels all fine, this morning however it keeps flashing between tv and menu quite rapidly., cant stop it from doing this!

any ideas?
:)

The terms Foxsat and freeview don't go together. Is it a Foxsat box that uses a dish and the freesat EPG?

Last edited:
oh yeh sorry (i have a couple of different boxes and got confused with the names!), it is a foxsat hdr 500gb box using a sat dish

Either the fault is internal, or you have a source of infra-red flicker in the room which is being confused for a "menu" button press.

Cover the Foxsat with a thick cloth (temporarily!) and see if the problem goes away. If not, try turning off and on again at the mains. If it still doesn't go away but you can get some kind of control over it, the may be a "restore factory defaults" menu option to try - I can't advise further on that as I am not a Foxsat owner.

If the cloth trick stopped the menu flashes, remove all remote control handsets from the room and you should be able to pin down the source of the interference. Fluorescent lamps (including the compact light bulb replacements) are known to be a problem, particularly the early types. Lamps on dimmer switches can also create IR interference. Alternatively you might find a stuck button on a remote control handset - the digital cameras on phones can show up the emitter.

More info in Things Every... (click) section 13.

When you press a button on the remote control which of the white buttons at the top of the remote flashes red ?
The last 'white button' to be selected will continue to flash when ever a non white button is pressed, until a new 'white button' is pressed, indicating that you have selected a new unit to be controlled

The last 'white button' to be selected will continue to flash when ever a non white button is pressed, until a new 'white button' is pressed, indicating that you have selected a new unit to be controlled

I know that, just making sure the OP remote is actually talking to the Foxsat.

Back