Method 1 decrypt speed

Or some sort of flag on the box menu to indicate a file has been decrypted.
Sweeper or a web interface plugin could be used to tweak the recording name shown on the TV list, I'm sure I've seen people prefix them with a * to indicate something or other.

* Sweeper might be a little tricky at present as it does not yet support applying actions individually to the contents of folders, although that's in the pipeline.

Well - that works like a dream doesn't it ! And much faster than I thought.
Many thanks for pointing it out.

Just 2 questions/points that may or may not be helpful considering my extensive experience of using this decrypter (about 8 minutes I think....)
Could the front of the box indicate decryption in progress maybe?
Or some sort of flag on the box menu to indicate a file has been decrypted.

Neither may be possible or considered worth it by those who have used it a bit - just my initial observation.

You can put a message on the front of box display see hummy.tv/forum/threads/haunted.6825/ but it would be likely to be overwritten almost immediately by the Humax channel display so not really worth pursuing.

As an alternative to Sweeper the webif supports and extensive set of hooks where custom code can be executed - one of these is the post-decrypt hook which would be the obvious spot to add a tweak to the program title (or synopsis or guidance text). This would require learning a bit of jim/tcl coding but would not require modifying existing code and would be a gentle introduction to the world of webif programming if you were up for it.

No BH - webif is neither desirable, possible or useful to me as a permanent connection.
(Or I would already be using it that way - there's nothing wrong with it as an interface apart from the fact the humax is a TV box not a general purpose computer
and I have no interest in using it as one.)

After running this all night it does seem to slow down the box a lot while it's decrypting (changing folders for example seems to be the biggest delay)
(Ezra - I saw the flag on webif - something similar on the box would have been good but I'd be happy for renaming the decrypted files - say putting "-d" on the end)
Others may not like that of course - but something may be possible?.
Another idea that springs to mind would be the ability to turn the decryptions on and off with the remote....

(See what happens when you do something good .... it's never enough!)

PS -I just saw you already suggested renaming - sorry for not reading all posts first.

Back