Misleading Browser Tab Title After Failed Installation

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
I'm in the middle of configuring a HD-FOX as a Foxlink client. After clicking Install Full Interface and the browser refreshing, the tab reads "Customised firmware succes..." but closer inspection of the actual page shows "Error installing packages. Please try again.".

Well the firmware was successfully installed - it's just the package installation that failed for whatever reason.

The error message is fairly explicit. I'd be annoyed if I got the message after a second attempt. (On other systems I have come across similar messages which clear on a second attempt. To be fair, I've also had some that repeat the same error message and require some detective work to solve the problem.)

Well the firmware was successfully installed
That's true enough, but IIRC (and that's not trustworthy) the tab title only became that after the package installation problem. To get the the download page at all required the firmware to have been successfully installed!

it's just the package installation that failed for whatever reason.
Crap UPD. I bought a batch of three 64GB UPDs around the time of the "2TB" ones (not the same source) for this purpose, and they are total sh*t. Slow to format, slow to write, and then when I did get a successful download run, reboot and it was back to "no disk found"! Had me chasing my tail for hours yesterday. Try one of my standby Cruzer Dials and the experience was so different.

I bought a batch of three 64GB UPDs around the time of the "2TB" ones (not the same source) for this purpose, and they are total sh*t. Slow to format, slow to write, and then when I did get a successful download run, reboot and it was back to "no disk found"! Had me chasing my tail for hours yesterday.
Have you forgotten all the f3 stuff from a few weeks ago? Just test stuff and bin what doesn't work. It isn't worth the waste of time.

FWIW, f3 doesn't report any problem with these units. They're just flaky rather than fraudulent.

Back