Missed recording

RobH1

Playback of recording of F1 this afternoon on BBC channel 101 HD failed about half way through and the "this channel is unavailable or scrambled" message appeared for the rest of the recording.
I stopped the recording and began playback again from the beginning, only to find that now the whole recording, even the bit watched was now blank.
Anyone else had a failed HD recording?

It sounds like your box temporaily lost its encryption keys: see here. Putting the box into standby and then turning off at the mains for a few seconds should fix it, but the recording you mentioned is probably unplayable:(

It sounds like your box temporaily lost its encryption keys: see here. Putting the box into standby and then turning off at the mains for a few seconds should fix it, but the recording you mentioned is probably unplayable:(

Thanks MET, we were away at the time of that thread and I must have missed catching up. I will reboot.

I must say I've mentioned before that most of my HiDef recordings have begun with that message but have played back ok. This particular recording ironically did not display this time.
This is the first failure of any sort in 3.5 years.

I'm still waiting for somebody to do some analysis when this problem appears, before and after the recovery cold restart. Without that, the "lost keys" idea is only a working hypothesis.

Just a point of interest which probably has no bearing at all on your problem but my series-linked recording of F1 yesterday did not happen at all. I assume this is down to the fact that here it was broadcast at 3pm on BBC2 Scotland due to the League cup final being live on BBC1. I believe this 2-hour programme was broadcast at 2pm on BBC1 in the rest of the UK - so your failure occurred at approximately the time it was starting in the Scottish regions. Weird coincidence??????????? :confused:

Maybe- we are on the Caldbeck transmitter, as close to the border as you can get. I'll have a crack at another programme later on this week and see what happens.

Back