Missed recording

RobH1

Just returned from a couple of weeks away to find an old problem has resurfaced.

Two series recordings did not happen during the second week, just like the old 8 day epg rule, despite having the 04.20-04.40 daily reminder.

No OTA update has taken place during that time as the schedule is intact. No CF.

Not a problem at the moment as it is easy to catch up the one missing week's episodes, but I'll be away for longer shortly and is a little disconcerting. I had no problems whilst away for 12 weeks or so over the winter.
Maybe just a case of powering off/on?

Can we have more details: what recordings were missed; were the same recordings made properly in the first week; were other recordings made correctly in the same time span; what firmware are you using?

As far as I can tell from your first post, you did everything you could and it should have been fine, but I have a recent example of identical recordings being set up on two HDRs yet one recorded and the other didn't.

The Good Wife Ch4 Thurs at 9 pm and The Archers Omnibus Sun am. These were the only two series recordings on the schedule and rec fine the first week. All other single recordings in the schedule were made correctly during the first week, no singles set up for the second.
Firmware 1.02.29

Anybody's guess then. Just unfortunate probably.

The Remote Scheduler (CF) is the better way to go for extended periods away, if combined with daily automatic on/offs it means you can monitor and control the recording schedule and observe the outcome from any web browser, and also use it to perform EPG searches and automatic scheduling on a series or event basis (triggering recordings as a succession of individual programmes is less prone to series link errors).

Ok, thanks BH,
I've avoided going down the CF route because I use the Fox as a PVR only, and it has been very reliable in the 45 months I've had it and I don't need all the bells and whistles that can be attached. But I appreciate even minor use of the CF would be helpful.
I'll monitor it over the next two weeks to see if the problem re-occurs.

True, but as BH intimated, I can't do much more than I do now other than go down the CF route. I'll be away for three weeks very soon and then see if the problem re-occurs.

The changed times of coronation street this week meant my wife missed some recordings at 9pm due to conflict. Could that explain the 9Pm missed recording?

Don't thinks so, More4 did not alter their schedule for that programme.

Further to my post #3, add to that " Have I got news for you" and the F1 at Monaco both scheduled under series record, did not make it either during the second week, so it looks like for some reason that the epg was not updated despite having the daily reminder.

It is claimed that Humax have build in EPG update during the 4:30 OTA search in later versions of firmware 1.03.06 onward I think

Update:
Just returned from three weeks away and can confirm there were no recording problems this time. Various programmes scheduled, both TV and radio are there in the media files, all were series record.
I guess the original problem of missed recordings was just unfortunate.

Back