Missed Recordings

GSD

When I returned from a weekend away this evening I found that three scheduled recordings that I had set up as normal had hadn't been activated, including one that should already have been in progress when I switched the Humax HDR on again. However when I set this latter programme to record manually for the remainder of the programme it did so as normal, and other recordings already scheduled for later this evening have also been activated as normal.

I've no idea what could have happened to cause the scheduled recordings to have been missed whilst I was away so would be grateful for any clues. Many thanks, GSD.

I recently learned (the hard way) that if you leave the box on a non-freesat channel it misses scheduled recordings. Could that be it?

I recently learned (the hard way) that if you leave the box on a non-freesat channel it misses scheduled recordings. Could that be it?
I don't think so as I don't even know how to view a non-freesat channel via the Humax.

The last thing I remember doing on Friday morning before going away was watching and then deleting a previous recording and then putting the Humax into standby as normal. If, however, I was distracted and left the Humax in the media display when putting it into standby could this have caused the problem? By the way I don't even know if this is possible but don't want to experiment in case I mess things up again!

In the meantime I'm pleased to say that everything seems to be working as normal again now.

Many thanks, GSD

Mine doesn't unless a recording is due within the next 15 minutes. If you happen to be viewing a non freesat channel then 15 minutes before a freesat scheduled recording is due a prompt comes up on the screen, if not responded to the box switches back to Freesat mode. Any non-freesat recording is terminated. If in sby it does the same thing.

If you are using the custom firmware channel editor and viewing a non-freesat channel in Freesat mode then yes a scheduled recording won't start.

Back