Missed recordings

D

Deleted member 473

Not sure if this is the stock firmware or the customized firmware or something else, so opening it here.

Recently I have been sometimes getting a message saying there is "No or bad signal" on BBC1 when switching from another channel, which was also recording. For instance, we watched the clever brats program on Ch4 last night, then switched at 10pm to the BBC News on BBC1. Only Channel4 was recording, finishing off. I stopped the recording but still no BBC1. However, up to BBC2 then down to BBC1 and all was fine, BBC1 was back. I checked diagnostics and they showed ~100% on both tuners.

Another symptom (possibly) was that the Peter Jones entrepreneur interviews at the weekend have been failing. The recording appears to be happening, but there is no file created. When the program ends, a message flashes up saying that a recording of less than 30 seconds will be deleted!

Otherwise, recordings are happening normally!

Problem solved. The screw-on section of one of the fly leads had detached, causing intermittent single aerial. No idea how it came off, as I can't get it back on again! I have replaced this "quality" lead with a cheapo one.

Back