missed start of program using Guide to record.

tonyq

Another newbie question. I usually record TV programs via the Program Guide,on odd occasions I have been late setting the start of the program via the Guide and thus find that it will not let me record the program. So my question is what is the best way to record a program having missed the start in the 'Guide'.

Go to the channel and press record twice - a popup will appear and you can choose to record to the end of the programme - I think that's the second option in that menu.

If the Hummy is already ON and tuned to the channel you wish to record and it is just a case of you 'forgetting to set a timer', then you can rewind the buffer to the start of the programme and hit record from there. This way you haven't missed anything.

You can only rewind the buffer on the channel you are currently watching so if you have recently changed channels, you can only rewind to the start of the buffer which is 'emptied' at a channel change.

Wallace, can you tell me how to 'rewind the buffer' or point me to which page in the manual, as I don't seem able to find it.

Press play to show on-screen time line then use left / right cursor keys to navigate along the recording buffer to the desired recording start point, Press record twice and select end time for recording

Or just press the Rewind button if you've only just missed it (Ezras timeline method is good if you have a long way to rewind though)

Another newbie question. I usually record TV programs via the Program Guide,on odd occasions I have been late setting the start of the program via the Guide and thus find that it will not let me record the program. So my question is what is the best way to record a program having missed the start in the 'Guide'.
If you are in a different channel there will be no buffer and if you are also already viewing the epg then the easist way is to start the recording from the epg.
From the manual:
"Note: You can also press the Record button while in the Guide to start recording a current programme on a different channel."

Back