Missing a couple of channels

wiab4355

Hi guys

My downstairs Hummy has a full complement of channels, but the upstairs one is missing BBC4HD and Quest HD.

Can anybody help me get these (back)?

Yes. You are missing one or two multiplexes on the upstairs telly. Tune in Com 7/8.
Any further info depends on where you live and more specifically the transmitter that the downstairs box is tuned to.
You say 'get them back'. Did you ever have them on that box?
If so' it's likely to be to do with a Com 7/8 frequency (mux) change that you have fixed with a retune on the downstairs box.

...or the signal gets weaker on the way and Com7/8 drops out.

Do a signal test on the downstairs unit (all muxes), then repeat upstairs. The sweep of results should give you a clue whether Com7/8 is receivable at all.

Menu >> Settings >> System >> Signal Detection

Thanks for replying

Enfield, Middlesex and probably Crystal Palace (but I don't know how to find that out)

BBC4HD, definitely; Quest HD, no

How to do that "signal test" and also "Tune in Com 7/8", please?

BBC4HD and Quest HD are both on Com 8, which seems only to be available in your area from Crystal Palace (CP) on UHF 56.
This suggests to me that CP has recently moved Com 8 and so Trev's observation:
If so' it's likely to be to do with a Com 7/8 frequency (mux) change that you have fixed with a retune on the downstairs box.
...is correct. Your best bet is to follow Black Hole's:
Alternatively, you could take a risk and try to manually tune Com 8 on the upstairs box. The method on a 2000T (from memory!) should be similar to a Fox-T2 and is: Menu >> Settings >> Installation >> Manual Tuning - Then choose channel 56 and DVB-T2 (network search off) and search (well, only search if there is a reasonable signal strength/quality indicated). Remember to save the results.

Last edited:
OP has posted in the HDR Fox T2 section, so there is no reason to suspect he has a 2000T (or have I missed something)

Enfield, Middlesex and probably Crystal Palace (but I don't know how to find that out)
To take this kind of thing seriously, you should know how to find out. There are links to the relevant resources in the main forum listing, viz:

B85FF7D5-DDE6-4E7F-BB76-84F8AC3EF0C8.jpeg

You can find out the UHF channel number (and therefore the mux) for the service you are currently watching by pressing OK then Info (i). For an explanation of terms see Glossary (click).

How to do that "signal test"
Like I said above (sigh), Menu >> Settings >> System >> Signal Detection.

also "Tune in Com 7/8", please?
First you need to know the channel number for the desired mux (as per the coverage checker information). Then select that during a manual tune: Menu >> Settings >> Installation (enter PIN - default is "0000") >> Manual Search.

Last edited:
Do a signal test on the downstairs unit (all muxes), then repeat upstairs. The sweep of results should give you a clue whether Com7/8 is receivable at all.

How to do that "signal test"
Switch on the HDR-FOX T2 so that you are watching a live channel, then locate a button on the remote that is labelled 'MENU' and press it once. A menu will appear.

One of the options is 'Settings'.
Menu >> Settings

Select the 'Settings' option and the 'Settings' menu will be displayed.
One of the options is 'System'.
Menu >> Settings >> System

Select the 'System' option and the 'System' menu will be displayed.
One of the options is 'Signal Detection'.

On the remote select the right arrow that is located on the silver ring just to the right of 'OK'. A short list of UHF channel numbers will be displayed. Select each in turn and note and report what the signal and quality is for each of them.

OP has posted in the HDR Fox T2 section, so there is no reason to suspect he has a 2000T (or have I missed something)
You've missed something - or I didn't write it properly. I have a 2000T and I was trying to explain how to do whatever on a Fox-T2 assuming (pah!) that they might be similarly set up. [I did this only because it appeared to be very quiet on here at the time]. ;)

UPSTAIRS
CHANNEL 22 = S84%, Q100%
23 = S82%, Q100%
25 = S82%, Q100%
26 = S83%, Q100%
28 = S82%, Q100%
29 = S0%, Q0%
30 = S84%, Q100%
33 = S0%, Q0%
35 = S0%, Q0%

DOWNSTAIRS
CHANNEL 22 = S84%, Q100%
23 = S83%, Q100%
25 = S84%, Q100%
26 = S83%, Q100%
28 = S81%, Q100%
30 = S86%, Q100%
35 = S71%, Q100%
55 = S72%, Q100%
56 = S71%, Q100%

Does this info help anyone to help me?

You will have noticed you are not tuned to the same set upstairs as downstairs, and the muxes missing upstairs are not ones which are being received downstairs. Simples! The reason for this is when the transmission frequencies were changed in your area, your downstairs unit retuned but your upstairs unit didn't.

So, you can either run a full retune (on the upstairs unit; Menu >> Settings >> Installation >> Automatic Search), or run a manual retune to add channels 35, 55, and 56 to the upstairs unit.

First you need to know the channel number for the desired mux (as per the coverage checker information). Then select that during a manual tune: Menu >> Settings >> Installation (enter PIN - default is "0000") >> Manual Search.

You have no signal level loss between Up and Down. so as BH says above a full retune should sort it out.
CP swapped some of their frequencies early 2018 and that's what caused your problem with the upstairs box.
You probably responded to a retune message on the downstairs box, but didn't see the message on the other.

The sigh was because I prefer to see some kind of effort being made in return for us (me) going to the effort of explaining. I don't like spoon-feeding, it encourages people not to think for themselves. I would rather encourage people to learn by having a go.

This may not apply to you, but it is difficult to know from the remote end of a forum post.

Back