Missing Avatars

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
If anyone is wondering why their avatar is missing, there was a slight issue with the server yesterday which resulted in the avatar images being lost.
In order to restore your avatar, you will have to upload the image again.

I've looked at it. How does it work? The field is showing my email address.
I will not be able to respond till much later this evening. Taking the Missus out.

@ Black Hole.
Your help would not cure the problem or help others using iPads. Though we are in the minority.

OP
OP
Brian

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
I had a look at it last week, and you have to register with the Gravatar website, upload your avatar image to be associated with your identity and email address.

Edit: There might be a site related issue with the normal avatar system, which is not related to the iPad.

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
Your help would not cure the problem or help others using iPads. Though we are in the minority.
I think the number of people using an iPad as their only reliable Internet browser in addition to a Linux net-book and a flakey Vista PC, and yet interested in uploading an avatar graphic to the hummy.tv forum is probably pretty small. Wait 'til Christmas and we'll sort it out.

There might be a site related issue with the normal avatar system, which is not related to the iPad.
I uploaded my graphic again OK after they all got lost, but that was before the host move.

Update: just done it again, success.

OP
OP
Brian

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
I uploaded my graphic again OK after they all got lost, but that was before the host move.

Update: just done it again, success.
Surprisingly, there are still quite a lot of members who have not yet re-uploaded their avatar files since they were lost in August.

I tried updating my avatar last week, but could not get it to work, so tried out the Gravatar option which worked first time.