Missing channels

Ronat

My 5000t is missing all the HD channels. I have around 82/83 signal strength, but no matter how often I tune, it will only receive 136 channels, including radio, with none of the HD. I have another 4000T in another room with same signal strength, and all channels perfect.

Incidentally, I disconnected the one in the other room, and connected the 5000. Still exactly the same number of channels, so signal is obviously not the problem.

no matter how often I tune, it will only receive 136 channels, including radio, with none of the HD. I have another 4000T in another room with same signal strength, and all channels perfect.
The FVP-5000T has 2 different tuning strategies. The "SMART" option will try to work out which multiplexes not to retune and can be less than satisfactory. Have you tried the non-smart tuning option?

Last edited:
Seems unlikely as you have tried the 5000T in two locations, but HDMI cables near to aerial cables are known to knock out single Mux.

So, if you can, try retuning with any HDMI cables as far from any nearby aerial cables as possible.

Mind you, unless you are desperate to have HD, the channels should all be available in SD.

Are you sure it is all the HD channels which are missing, or just those on the COM7 Mux which is due to disappear in a few weeks anyway?

Yes, all HD channels are missing. When I retune, the 136 channels appear after around 20%, then nothing after that.

How are you counting the 136 channels? Are you looking at the EPG or the Edit Channel list? I don't much more than that from Crystal Palace.

If you are using the EPG, you may not be seeing all the channels which have been tuned.

You have to be very careful with the 5000T that what you think you are seeing is the reality.

Am not counting...it's what shows on the tune...136 channels found. 109 when radio channels are deleted.

No didn't try that. Will give it a go when I get home. I did set DVB-T2 when auto-tuning, though.

If you do a manual tune for HD, you will need to know the UHF channel number used by your transmitter for them. Do you?

If not, but you know which transmitter it is, someone will identify the channel number you need.

If you can pick up Forces TV (LCN 96) on your 4000T then try manually tuning UHF channel 55 on the 5000T (DVB-T2).
In any case, you could identify the UHF channel for BBC1HD on the 4000T. Switch to BBC1HD, press left or right arrow on remote then press red. You should get a pop up message telling you the frequency of the multiplex.

Sorry, didn't see your last post. My transmitter is Black Hill. I tried 33,45,55 and 56. Don't know the number for my area.

Just another thought. In the past I’ve had problems with one of the temporary multiplexes ( can’t remember whether it was the defunct COM8 (56) or COM7 (55)). Sometimes it took three or four attempts to manually tune in properly. Check whether there is any signal strength and quality showing when you tune in. If there is good strength/quality but it finds no channels, try again for a few times. It worked for me. (I’ve moved since, and no longer have this problem). Unlikely to be the problem with the BBC HD multiplex - but check the signal. ( I note you mention strengths in your first post, but if you did an auto tune how did you find this? Especially for HD multiplexes that aren’t showing)

Back