Missing channels

Unless by some chance it is objecting to too high a signal strength (have you got say a 10dB attenuator you can try?), then I think it is "boogered" (or at least the DVB-T2 demodulator bit of it is). Is it out of guarantee?

No, don't have an attenuator, but I would assume that low 80's is not too high. It was bought privately in E-Bay, so would assume it's the reason for sale. Will just have to use it for non-HD channels, and accept that there is an underlying fault. Many thanks for all the suggestions.

Did think about it, but wondered if it would wipe out recordings, which I don't want.
So to sum up - the previous owners recordings in this used purchase is more important than receiving HD channels?
Also was it a local purchase? I.e. did the previous owner have the unit tuned to the same transmitter that you use? If not then maybe the reset without deleting hard drive contents option may help before re-tuning.
Edit1: on some Humax units - there is an option to select - 'also format the drive' when performing the factory reset. There is usually a confirm screen before it tries to perform the reset.

Last edited:
Seems unlikely as you have tried the 5000T in two locations, but HDMI cables near to aerial cables are known to knock out single Mux.

So, if you can, try retuning with any HDMI cables as far from any nearby aerial cables as possible.
Did you check this possibility?

So to sum up - the previous owners recordings in this used purchase is more important than receiving HD channels?
Also was it a local purchase? I.e. did the previous owner have the unit tuned to the same transmitter that you use? If not then maybe the reset without deleting hard drive contents option may help before re-tuning.
Edit1: on some Humax units - there is an option to select - 'also format the drive' when performing the factory reset. There is usually a confirm screen before it tries to perform the reset.
Recordings are mine, not the previous owners. It was not a local purchase, so will try reset. Thanks.

Found that BBC HD is channel 40, but zero channels found on this.

Signal strength is showing on the BBC SD channel, and is in the eighties.
But it is the HD channel signal strength we are interested in.
Factory default (without disk format) could be your best bet.

However, what could be of interest (to me, if no-one else!) - and to see if there is something else going on is:
Go to the manual tune menu and enter channel 40 and DVB-T2 without initiating the search and look at the signal/quality strengths at the bottom of the display. What strengths are showing? The signal quality is the important one. Do the signals remain constant or do they fluctuate?

Very odd. I would expect with a signal quality of 100% you’d be able to find some channels unless the HD part is stuffed. Some people find if the signal strength is very high there are problems. I don’t have that experience. Unless someone has a better idea i’d go for the factory default setting and cross my fingers. Make a note of any scheduled recordings first - and don’t format the disk!
(If the device is faulty - HD reception gone - might explain why it was for sale on eBay)

Very odd. I would expect with a signal quality of 100% you’d be able to find some channels unless the HD part is stuffed. Some people find if the signal strength is very high there are problems. I don’t have that experience. Unless someone has a better idea i’d go for the factory default setting and cross my fingers. Make a note of any scheduled recordings first - and don’t format the disk!
(If the device is faulty - HD reception gone - might explain why it was for sale on eBay)
Have done factory setting, and.... success. Many thanks for all assistance.

Back