Missing EPG rows

Trev

The Dumb One
Had a couple of incidents recently with the EPG on the WI. A few nights ago, it was missing the first 4 channels, thus the list started at Ch5, 5HD missing out BBC one HD etc. It 'magically fixed' itself later that evening. Last night. I had a similar problem, bit just 'lost' Ch1 which again had 'magically fixed' itself after a while. Unfortunately, Ch1 was the one I wanted to programme.

A further symptom, if it gives a clue, is that the prog that was she scheduled from 21:00 to 22:00 was shown on the EPG as starting at 19:30 right at the start of the EPG (the time at which I went into the EPG) and finishing at 22:00. It was the same on two W10 machines and my Android tablet, so it wasn't a caching problem.

I rebooted my computer and restarted the T2 and power cycled it as well all to no avail.
The EPG on the SUI on the TV was OK and fully populated.
Any ideas?

Web interface version: 1.4.1-6
Custom firmware version: 3.12 (build 3965)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.12)

Last edited:
I always schedule from the on screen Humax UI and frequently find some HD channels take far longer to fill than the rest of the epg. As you say, they're the ones you usually want to record. So I'd suspect you are seeing a symptom of the box rather than WI.

My WebIf EPG often loses one or more services in a multiplex (a favourite is losing 101-104 but retaining 105). It is the Humax software that is doing this as the data is absent from the cache file (/mnt/hd1/dvbepg/epg.dat on the HDR) and this is where the WebIf gets the data to populate its own sqlite EPG database.
A channel change within the same mux. often fixes it. A channel change to a different mux. usually but not always fixes it. Occasionally it's necessary to reboot.
It's all very annoying. Typical Humax crap coding and very reminiscent of problems the 9200 suffered from.

There is of course a bit of lag between the Humax writing the epg.dat file and the WebIf turning it into its own epg.db file - usually about 10 minutes or so, but it varies a bit - so don't expect instant results.

I had a similar problem recently. It turned out to be related to moving the HD channel numbers.
At one point I had multiple channels showing with the same number.

Just had it again. Bbc1HD, Ch4 &5HD missing. Tried all manner of retune. But no difference.
Seems to have cleared now. Presumably it takes some time for the Hummy to update its database?
here is of course a bit of lag between the Humax writing the epg.dat file and the WebIf turning it into its own epg.db file - usually about 10 minutes or so, but it varies a bit - so don't expect instant results.
OOPS

Last edited:
Trev's little retreat in the country.
3DABC5AB00000578-4260578-Opened_in_1948_Denman_College_pictured_a_grade_II_listed_Georgia-m-5_1488077306895.jpg

Back