Missing package dependencies

prpr

Poking at my box without webif installed reveals more problems:
  • opkg-unpack uses basename which is provided by the busybox package, but there is no dependency
  • tar with the -z flag invokes /mod/bin/gzip which is provided by the gzip package, but there is no dependency

The -z option is only required when creating packages which most users wont be doing.
For normal package install the version of gzip provided by busybox is sufficient so a dependency is not required.
(I was only caught out by the difference when I started building detectads and added a note to the Wiki)

The -z option is only required when creating packages which most users wont be doing.
Might I suggest you actually read the contents of opkg-unpack before making such comments?
In any case, if opkg-pack needs a certain version, then the dependency should be listed. It is irrelevant whether opkg-unpack needs it or not, seeing as both are in the same pkgtools package.
For normal package install the version of gzip provided by busybox is sufficient so a dependency is not required.
Possibly it would be, but tar appears to hardcode /mod/bin/gzip rather than just gzip and therefore the version in /mod/bin/busybox/ is not found.
In any case (again), there should then be a dependency on busybox, which there currently isn't.

Do you think I posted the above without having checked?

Last edited:
There's also a small bug in opkg-unpack... $src at the bottom of the file should presumably be $file seeing as $src isn't defined anywhere.

To summarise:
  1. Fix the bug in opkg-unpack
  2. Make pkgtools dependent on busybox
  3. Either a) make gtar dependent on gzip or b) modify tar to remove the /mod/bin/ prefix and make it dependent on busybox (whichever is more appropriate - probably a) I would guess)
Would it be possible to fix these please af123 ?

Back