Missing TV guide on 9200T

Pelican

Hello. Hope someone is able to help here as I'm stumped.

Recently had the digital switchover and all appeared fine, but yesterday evening at about 7.15 (before 2nd stage of switchover, which happened today), we lost the TV guide from the Hummy.

Despite re-tuning, both automatically and manually (including deleting all tv and radio channels first), there is no tv guide. Which also means we can't record pre-set programmes...

I'd have thought this was something to do with the switchover this morning if it hadn't happened last night.

If I do a scan without the aerial in, I don't lose all the recorded programs do I? I think that only happens with a re-format doesn't it? It's been a long time since I did that so forgot what made it happen!

cheers

A reformat will erase ALL recorded progs and delete presets but a retune only deletes presets. As for the missing TV guide, we had a simler problem here after switchover but it turned out to be a transmission fault, leave the unit tuned to BBC1 for while and see if it starts to populate. I am not technically minded so someone may have a better answer, but this eventually worked for me.

Many thanks. That seems to have worked as I left it on BBC1 for the afternoon and it's all back again now. It could have been a transmission fault too though.

Thanks for the info on the reformat too - didn't want to delete daughter's favourite films, so was a bit worried about doing that!

Cheers

We had the digital switchover last month and since then on CH4 and most of the minor channels we only have 3 days on the EPG instead of the full 7 days on our Humax box. Our two DTV's are OK.

We had the digital switchover last month and since then on CH4 and most of the minor channels we only have 3 days on the EPG instead of the full 7 days on our Humax box. Our two DTV's are OK.
I presume this is your 9200T Humax box. What is the software version it is running on?

If it has the latest software (1.00.23) then have you left it switched on long enough for the epg to populate?

How did you retune?

Are you sure that it is not tuned to more than 1 transmitter or still tuned to some of the old frequencies? Do any channels show up more than once?
Which transmitter do you use?
If you switch to one of the channels that is only partially poulated then when you look at the signal strength what is the channel number it gives (MENU>System>Signal Detection, the number will be near the top just to the right of 'CH'). If you switch it back to a channel that easily populated then what does the channel number show for that?

Running software ver 1.00.23.

Retuned by doing complete system reset. I never turn the Humax off so plenty of time to populate the EPG.

No duplicated channels, I live in the shadow of a hill to the north so the only transmitter I can receive is Rowridge on the IOW.

Problem channel 27 - signal strength 61% quality 100%
Working channel 24 - signal strength 61% quality 100%. On the face of it the same.

I suppose a signal strength of 61% may be the cause of the problem but it was ok before the switchover.

Working channel 24 - signal strength 61% quality 100%. On the face of it the same.
Sorry what exactly is the problem?
I suppose a signal strength of 61% may be the cause of the problem but it was ok before the switchover.
61% is fine. Anything above about 40% should be workable.

Running software ver 1.00.23.

Retuned by doing complete system reset. I never turn the Humax off so plenty of time to populate the EPG.

No duplicated channels, I live in the shadow of a hill to the north so the only transmitter I can receive is Rowridge on the IOW.

OK. Nothing obviouskly wrong with that. 24 and 27 are both Rowbridge and on mine anything from 40% to over 80% is OK. I've also had 100% quality with just 30% strength when the aerial lead has been plugged into a 9200T directly.

What I would try is another sytem reset but cancel the auto tune when it starts up without saving anything. After that manual tune to 24, 27, 30, 37 and 33. Or you could wait until the 18th and do that with 24, 27, 25, 22 and 28.

What I would try is another sytem rest but cancel the auto tune when it starts up without saving anything. After that manual tune to 24, 27, 30, 37 and 33. Or you could wait until the 18th abnd do that with 24, 27, 25, 22 and 28.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try another reset and manual retune tomorrow.

Sorry what exactly is the problem?

Martin, after the switchover I have only got a restricted 3 day EPG on some channels while others still show the full 7 days. I have a Sony and a Toshiba tv which both use the same aerial but have 7 day EPG information on all channels.

Full EPG returned last night. I don't know why I hadn't tried a second retune yet or anything else, a complete mystery.

Back