Modified Firmware version 1.12 released

af123

Administrator
Staff member
For those who are wondering, by upgrading to 1.12 you won't lose your recording schedule, nor any packages you have installed.

sorry this is probably a stupid question but can I install 1.12 over the top of 1.11 or do i need to roll back to the last official release and then go to 1.12, the instruction states it has to be installed over the top on an official buid?

Thanks

Neil

You can install it straight on top of 1.11.

How about 1.09? I tried installing 1.12 last night and my receiver completely ignores the USB stick (Sandisk Cruzer) with the firmware on it. I've never had a problem putting updates on before and am using the same USB stick, cable and rear USB port I've used previously many times. Any ideas?

As long as its on top of the latest official firmware (1.02.20), even if its had a previous custom firmware loaded on top of that, it will be fine.

It sounds like you've not renamed the file properly to be honest so it doesnt know its a firmware file.
A simple mistake.

As long as its on top of the latest official firmware (1.02.20), even if its had a previous custom firmware loaded on top of that, it will be fine.

It sounds like you've not renamed the file properly to be honest so it doesnt know its a firmware file.
A simple mistake.

The USB Stick has a single file on it called 'HDR_FOX_T2_Upgrade.hdf' (without the quotes obviously), sized 16,194KB. That's the right name isn't it? Or is it case dependent? ISTR I pasted the name from here

Sounds right. Is the stick formatted FAT32 and is the file in the root directory?

ISTR reading that someone had similar trouble to you and it turned out to be the cable they used between the USB port and their USB stick. Personally I plug my USB stick directly into the front port on my HDR.

Personally I plug my USB stick directly into the front port on my HDR.

Same here - BUT I have to disconnect the USB disk drive from the rear when doing updates otherwise my box does not do the upgrade from the stick in the front. I've got the drive on a short USB extender lead so I don't have to fumble round the rear (ooeer) whenever I upgrade.

You can't beat a fumble ;).

It makes perfect sense to have the rear port extended with a short cable. I am sure someone had trouble upgrading with the cord connected.

Sounds right. Is the stick formatted FAT32 and is the file in the root directory?

ISTR reading that someone had similar trouble to you and it turned out to be the cable they used between the USB port and their USB stick. Personally I plug my USB stick directly into the front port on my HDR.

Yes and Yes. I also recall reading that post. However in my case I can't get to my T2 anymore as its built into the bottom of a case. The only access I have to it is via a USB cable I installed into the rear USB port when the box was first setup ages ago. I've used the same cable and USB stick for all updates and being part of all the Humax betas I've applied quite a few without any problems! This is my first attempt at upgrading over modified firmware though, so maybe that's got something to do with that. My problem now is how to get access to my T2!

It wont be to do with the custom firmware.
All the box is bothered about is finding that file and applying it to the box.
If its not doing anything, there must be a connection issue. Does your USB stick have an LED so you can see if its being powered at boot?

Can you not even access the front USB port? How does the remote work if its all sealed up?

How does it get any cooling?? I wouldn't want to run mine (or the other AV equipment) without a fair amount if circulating air.

If its not doing anything, there must be a connection issue. Does your USB stick have an LED so you can see if its being powered at boot?

Can you not even access the front USB port? How does the remote work if its all sealed up?

Yes the USB does light up and it is detected ok by my T2, i.e. I can select it via the USB storage option.

No I can't get to the front USB now without stripping everything down. If you looked at my setup you'd never know the T2 was there! The remote works because of this. I'm still puzzled why this should not work now when its always worked just fine previously...

I dont understand why you would want to hide the box away to the point that you cant even access it anymore. Thats just a tad extreme in my opinion.

Anyway, you mentioned that you were part of the beta's. Are you still running a beta by any chance? as they change the system ID on you to stop you leaking it out. But this will also stop you updating the firmware until they give you one to change the system ID back.
Can you confirm you can flash 1.02.20 without a hitch?

I installed 1.12 over 1.11 last night, flawlessly. I had a Ext3 drive plugged in the rear USB simultaneously. Somebody had trouble because of other content on the stick, but I've never seen that.

Check the file name again (I use all lower-case and I copy&paste from an existing file)
Clear out the stick so the update is the only file
Try a different stick.

(posted before I saw ChrisDaniels post - I think he has the clue)

Back