Modified Firmware version 1.12 released

I flash my boxes with other files on the stick just fine.
I even flash them with both the HD & HDR versions of the flash file on there just for good measure. lol

All the box is doing is scanning the root of the USB for the filename. If it finds it, it starts the update process.
As for upper/lower case, ive never really paid that much attention, but its never failed on me, so it probably ignores case.

Its only hidden away as I've run out of shelf space (two satellite PVR's, a DVR and a Tivo) in that location!

No I'm on the modified 1.09 firmware now. I changed the system ID back when I first switched to 1.02.20. I have not tried reflashing 1.02.20 yet, but will give it a go tonight...

I agree it's case-insensitive, but still worth double-checking the file name is correct. If your Hummy can't pick up the mod file it won't pick up the official file either - no difference to that part of the process.

Got my new box up an running today with the latest mod firmware (I thank you) was going to try the remote scheduling but

Registering with remote scheduling server. >>> Unsupported mod version, you need 1.11.

Got my new box up an running today with the latest mod firmware (I thank you) was going to try the remote scheduling but

Registering with remote scheduling server. >>> Unsupported mod version, you need 1.11.

Oops. Try now.

I tried and failed to load the modified firmware and 1.02.20 last night. I even tried adding in a powered USB hub but still my T2 refused to pickup the file.

I eventually decided to try some different USB sticks. I had not done this earlier as the one I'd been using was known to work with T2 upgrades, having been used for all my previous upgrades. The first one I tried (1GB, make unknown) hung on the boot screen and refused to go any further. The 2nd one however, (a Sandisk Cruzer Blade 8GB) worked perfectly and 1.12 went straight on. I've still no idea why my T2 refuses to load firmware now from my original USB stick, very strange!

A word of warning to anyone having trouble with the upgrade, just in case you made the same clumsy mistake as I made - make sure you're using modified firmware for the correct box - I spent ages scratching my head last night wondering why I couldn't upgrade my HDR before I realised I was using the HD version!!! :rolleyes:

Back