More strange things from the BBC on RS and WebIf

peterworks

Ye Olde Bowler
I have Casualty on series. For some reason I have the following double entries:
On RS schedule:

On RS visual:

On WebIf schedule (no double entry):

On WebIf visual:

Looking at the Program Details on the WebIf visual, one shows nothing and the other full information.
On RS one shows the full information and the other shows in the synopsis 'no information available'.

The box has been on for over half an hour so should have sorted itself out by now.

Service info. on BBC channels has been a right canine's evening meal this week.
It's all broadcaster induced and nothing to do with RS or your Humax. I've got double entries and irrelevant conflict warnings as well.
The easiest way to get rid is to delete the item(s) from the on-box schedule and re-add.

Service info. on BBC channels has been a right canine's evening meal this week.
It's all broadcaster induced and nothing to do with RS or your Humax.
You can say that again! Lots of problems with the bog-standard on-the-box EPG on a 2000T. Now & next not matching what is on. EPG showing wrong items from Waltham transmitter but correct from Belmont. (Local EM news running from 18:30 until 22:00 on Thursday, according to EPG). Local TV channel (Notts TV) frequently has no programmes listed at all. To quote three petrol heads: "How hard can it be?"

could these problems be the source of my machine, over the past week, starting to get loads(5,6,7) of missed recordings interspersed with correct recordings? for eg. series set to record , the t2 records the first episode but does not record the second episode which is broadcast RIGHT after the first. no empty failed recording whatsoever.

Yes it could well be... Be worth monitoring for a week or so to ensure all series are rescheduling correctly.

Yes it could well be... Be worth monitoring for a week or so to ensure all series are rescheduling correctly.
how do you monitor a series reschedules correctly when all you have is a few seconds after the previous episode is recorded?

having looked closely at the missed recs it seems that all the missed ones come after another recording just finished in front of them on the same channel.

Does the recording schedule show all the expected episodes?
And are the start times shown correct?

Last edited:
If Refresh Events doesn't correct the recording schedule check whether the missing episode have the same series crid as the rest of the series.
It is not unknown for broadcasters to use the wrong crid or to broadcast series episodes as one-off episodes.

having seen how shite this new partridge is I've decided to sort out the series record by deleting it. lol.

Hahaha personally I think it's one of those shows that critics love, regular people pan and then in a few years time people will realise how subtly brilliant it is.

Yeah I had a problem where it didn't have a series CRID either, on both HDR Fox T2 boxes. RS is good at just adding single episodes that still match a phrase to the recording schedule anyway. Even if sometimes it ends up doubling up, as was the case with Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? on ITV HD where it was grabbing the 9pm broadcast and then the repeat on the same channel a few hours later. I left it like that just in case the first recording failed but ironically the later one actually failed twice while the 9pm one had all five episodes recorded, decrypted with ads detected/bookmarked perfectly.

Back