Motorised Sat Dish

I've only just got my Foxsat, but looking through the manual there is DiSEqC switching available (although it's pretty well hidden in the manual) and I know for certain that DiSEqC motorised mounts are available.
Perhaps some of the more experienced users out there have a more comprehensive answer.

Yes it has usals. Using a motorised dish however comprimises freesat mode (single tuner recording only) so not really the best box to use with a motor.

Thanks for responding to my post

I have searched the web for info. on your two key words 'DiSEqC' and 'Usals' and that search has led me to using my Sat Dish as a 'fixed antenna' for the moment and I have found more Satellites than just 28.2
I have saved many more channels, but up to now they all look very similar to the Freesat stuff
I have have allocrated one Sat. to each DiSEqC reference letter A B C & D. Is this the way, or should I have put them all on say A, because now I have run out of DiSEqC reference letters,but still have more Sats to look into
I can go back to Freesat any time I like and watch the regular channels
If I do not want to record any of the other Sat. stuff is is still viable to persue the original idea of driving a motor from my HD or HDR kit

Graham Smith

Thanks for responding to my post

I have searched the web for info. on your two key words 'DiSEqC' and 'Usals' and that search has led me to using my Sat Dish as a 'fixed antenna' for the moment and I have found more Satellites than just 28.2
I have saved many more channels, but up to now they all look very similar to the Freesat stuff
I have have allocrated one Sat. to each DiSEqC reference letter A B C & D. Is this the way, or should I have put them all on say A, because now I have run out of DiSEqC reference letters,but still have more Sats to look into
I can go back to Freesat any time I like and watch the regular channels
If I do not want to record any of the other Sat. stuff is is still viable to persue the original idea of driving a motor from my HD or HDR kit

Graham Smith

See this thread from here

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=29434891&postcount=7

Hi Graham

I also have a Foxsat HD

Can I drive a Sat. Dish with this kit using Usals etc

There is no recording issues with this although I am concerned about loosing EPG on returning to Freesat

Thanks

Graham Smith

Back