Movies category

enonod

It is useful with the new Programme Guide on Freetime to be able to filter channels by selecting, say... Movies, however it is a bit like a stopped watch that is only right twice a day.

Are there any clues as to why a channel with 'Movies' in its name, i.e. More>Movies, is not included in the Movies' filter?

The only other way I can see to do this is to enter them again into the SINGLE Favourites list and then include what is missing. Whatever happened to the multiple Favourites lists?

Would it not be better to TAG programmes with, say, 'Movie' or as we call them, Film? They would then be pulled from all channels including those like BBC 1, or have I in fact missed something obvious.

As a newbie I guess my terminology needs a polish.
It is a HDR 1000s 2TB Freesat Freetime. It is the (new?) program guide - List view selections.

Are there any clues as to why a channel with 'Movies' in its name, i.e. More>Movies, is not included in the Movies' filter?

...or have I in fact missed something obvious.
My guess: the search actually picks up programmes that are tagged by genre. If the broadcaster doesn't set up the genre properly, the search can't find them.

Would be nice if we could tag the channels so that they could be added, alternatively more Favourites lists. Do Freesat have a suggestions scheme?

Of course if it isn't tagged at all it won't appear in any filtered list.
So it is down to people doing there job properly, there aren't that many channels that it becomes laborious especially as channels are added one at a time with considerable time in between. More>Movies does not have cookery etc.

I would concentrate on the Entertainment and Movies categories, possibly including Showcase (2) too. That's about 60 channels, and you only have 192 hours at most to search.

There is a lot to search if the stuff isn't tagged correctly. Tagging is supposed to avoid all that searching. If you can't rely on tagging, it takes ages to search for films.

Thanks for responding Mike0001 but I think we are at cross purposes. ?? meant what does Rofl mean or what is it short for? I understood everything else.

Rolling On the Floor Laughing (or similar slight variations). Can you not use search engines?

Back