Moving from HDR-Fox T2 to HDR 1100S

meridian30

On the Fox T2 I'd installed the custom firmware which gave me lots of access to the T2 from my PC. As far as I can tell I can't access a web interface on the 1100S at all. Am I right in assuming there is no custom firmware for the 1100S? Big shame if so.

David

On the Fox T2 I'd installed the custom firmware which gave me lots of access to the T2 from my PC. As far as I can tell I can't access a web interface on the 1100S at all. Am I right in assuming there is no custom firmware for the 1100S? Big shame if so.
You are correct that there is no custom firmware. The only UK Humax satellite box with with custom firmware is the older Foxsat HDR.

Just as there isn't custom firmware for HDR-1800T, HDR-2000T, DTR-T10xx, DTR-T20xx, FVP-4000T, FVP-5000T...

And even if there was, you would have to install it before there was a web interface to access!

"Big shame"? On whom?? I don't see you volunteering to write one.

I don't have the skills to write one, but I very much appreciated the work done by those who had provided a much better (if unofficial) set of firmware and software for my old FOX T2.

No criticism was intended of anyone else, I realise that Humax have made custom firmware more difficult/impossible, and in a sense it's shame on them for doing that.

David

Back