Moving HD files from HDR Fox-T2 to FVP4000

Phil Warbrick

I've been a couple of days on this, and I'm note sure whether I'm almost there or a million miles away.

I've set up the file sharing on both boxes and can quite happily play recordings which reside on the T2 through the 4000. I've taken the ENC tag off the file I'm working on. I've used Filezilla to transfer the 4 files from the T2 to my iMac, and then used an ethernet connection to transfer the 4 files to the 4000. The only place I can put them is in the Download folder on the 4000. When I go to play the downloaded file on the 4000, navigating to the Downloads, the .ts file shows, but it I try to play it, there's no response at all.

Not sure how I achieved it but I also goy a copy of the .ts file into the Video folder on the 4000, and if I try to play it, I get the starting time bar. but the clock never moves and eventually I end up with a black screen. Tried using Filezilla to put the other 3 files into the video folder but get critical file transfer error which I suspect to be permissions.

Am wasting my time or do I need a 20G memory stick to try to transfer the data?

edited one of the 4 files and changed offset 0x3dc (I think) from 00 to 40, this took off the ENC flag off the recording. From the links you provided, it would appear that I haven't done nearly enough. I'm due to pick up a memory stick tomorrow which should let me install the firmware I need to decrypt properly. Many thanks for prompt reply. It's going to take me a couple of days to move on from here. Wi;; post what happens. It's now a challenge!!!!

Having got rid of the ENC tag, it looked as though I was getting somewhere. Please be patient with the aged beginner, and thanks for the replies.

Thank you Black Hole. Purchased a 32G stick, downloaded Custom Firmware and got web access. Just had a bit of a problem with auto-unprotect and then found it as an add on install from the web app. After Auto unlock had run, decrypted the file I wanted and then used opt+ (on the remote)/copy to put it on the memory stick. Plugged USB into Mac, and it plays on Mac but no sound (no worry, don't want to play it on the Mac). Took the stick to the FVP4000 and then able to play from the stick using FreeViewPlay/Media/USB device, so then copied to Internal HDD, removed stick and then did the same but selected Internal HDD, and there's my file which plays absolutely fine. Not sure I'll ever understand all the intricacies of the web interface, but doubt I'll need to once I've transferred all I need to.

Just got to write a set of instructions for my wife so that she can watch the files she thought were lost forever.

Once again, big thank you.

That was not optimum. Now you have auto-unprotect running that will continue in the background without further supervision, and all you need to do is use the OPT+ copy operation which will decrypt the recording in the process of copying it to the USB pen drive (method 5). There is no need to specifically decrypt it first (although that speeds up the copy operation).

Not doing very well with this process. I now have no problem getting stuff off the T2 to my iMac. And I actually transferred a load to the FVP, but the one file she needed more than anything else was a 13G .ts (Glastonbury). I thought it was OK till she played it and it was only half of the program.

My problem has now changed. All the for;ders I can see on the Humax are Read Only. I took notes of what I was doing when it worked, namely FTP Server ON, set a password for admin, make sure Download folder is ticked, and then FTP to the IP address, enter admin and password and then start transferring files. It worked yesterday with a small test file, but today I can't get write permissions on the download folder.

Any advice? (and if Black Hole replies, please don't be too scathing of my process. I'm just an old man trying to get to grips with technology!

All the for;ders I can see on the Humax are Read Only.
How can I? I (and I probably anyone else) don't know which machine you mean by "Humax" in the above. I presume the FVP-4000T, in which case I have no idea. Please be precise when referring to multiple units in one post, especially when they are not in the context of the forum section.

As to your "process", I'm sorry you think me scathing, but you would have found it all much easier if you had followed the trail already blazed rather than hack your own.

Thanks for the prompt reply. Yes it is the FVP4000T (as in the original title) Agree about following the trail already blazed, just didn't find it till you pointed it out.
Think I'll have to call it a day and she'll have to make do with just the first hour of the program.

Back