Multi-Mode problems

hammer

Is Multi-mode dependent on another package being installed? I do not get the 3 colums illustrated but only the first "convert to padding" and then a reduced schedule of channels with no HD channels present. I get the same display whether or not I enable padding in the box menu. Thanks for any assistance.

Web interface version: 1.0.15-5 (Lighttpd)
Custom firmware version: 3.00 (build 2137)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.00)​

You have the multimode package installed? It should load any dependencies automatically.

The dependencies for mulimode are :-

Depends: webif (>= 0.12.0), rsvsync (>= 1.0.3)

But I doubt that this is your problem

I'm also now only getting the first column, on 2 active HDR-FOX T2s. A screenshot is attached.

I set a few new recordings and rebooted and it was still active for BBC radio which was what I installed it originally for.
I then uninstalled, rebooted, re-installed but it is still only showing me the first column.

Web interface version: 1.0.16-1
Custom firmware version: 2.22 (build 1905)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_1.03.12)
rsvsync: 1.0.3
Recent activity: Use of renumber for all non PSB TV channels. Some manual retuning but not PSB1 which includes BBC radio.
( The other HDR-FOX which is behaving the same is a 1.02.20 and has similar details apart from CF is 2.21 (build 1897).)

Has anybody any ideas or can confirm that their installation of multimode is still showing 3 columns and state which CF you are using?

At the weekend I'll check my other 1.02.20 which is set-up almost identically to the one not working but has not got renumber installed. (It got put back in its cardboard box yesterday to make room for a different PVR.)
I'll also try CF 3.0 on the 1.03.12 to see if that makes a difference.

Attachments

• Multimode no channels shown A.png
    Multimode no channels shown A.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 18
Mine's still showing three columns. Can you look into the webif-error.log file via diagnostics and see if there's an error shown there?

What are you using to view it?
I find these displays (ChannelDelete is another) never display properly Using Chrome on my Android tablet, so I always manage them on the PC (using Chrome :confused: )
Most of the other stuff like the schedule is fine on both.

What are you using to view it?
I find these displays (ChannelDelete is another) never display properly Using Chrome on my Android tablet, so I always manage them on the PC (using Chrome :confused: )
Most of the other stuff like the schedule is fine on both.
Thanks for this suggestion. I had already tried that as I normally use 3 different browsers and although none are Chrome one of the is Chromium-based.

Can you look into the webif-error.log file via diagnostics and see if there's an error shown there?

Code:
>>> Contents of /var/log/webif-error.log 264 bytes
Runtime Error: /mod/webif/plugin/multimode/settings.jim:81:
can't read "channels(19)": no such element in array in procedure 'chanlist'
called at file "/mod/webif/plugin/multimode/settings.jim", line 110 at file "/mod/webif/plugin/multimode/settings.jim", line 81

Thanks for that, it has possibly saved me quite a bit of further time. Now fixed by undoing the renumbering of channels that I'd changed that were also changed via the multimode package.

I had to change them back one at a time as renumber stops at the first inconstancy it finds and so only logs one at a time. Fortunately for me it was just Yesterday and Drama which were in both of my multimode and renumber lists.

One thing I had not cottoned on to before was that a restart wipes clean the webif-error.log and that it need to be checked before the HDR-FOX goes into standby. Is it designed to do that?

In doing the retune today I removed Renumber as it had lost most of the renumbers anyway. I now have this problem with multimode being broken on both boxes.
I've tried uninstall, reboot, reinstall and also run fix-flash-packages, but it's still stuck with the same error (just a different channel no.) to that in Luke's post above.

There's no way for me to go back and un-renumber at this stage, so ... HELP :frantic:

Delete /var/lib/humaxtv/mm.db and /var/lib/humaxtv/reorder.db and see where that gets you. Retuning again will put everything back to standard if need be.

Thanks prpr, that worked without needing to retune or do anything else. (Took me a lot longer to remember/figure out telnetting - a lot of googling was involved - than to run the commands on the two boxes.)

Back