Multi-mode Recording Settings

makem

If I choose start padding and/or end padding of say 1 minute for BBC1 am I correct in saying that any other channel for which I use padding must have the same settings?

I cannot set padding on a per channel basis or if I could, I cannot see how.

HWMBO complains she loses the start of the important program Eastenders. I lose the end of Top Gear.

If I choose start padding and/or end padding of say 1 minute for BBC1 am I correct in saying that any other channel for which I use padding must have the same settings?
Yes, that's right. You can further customise padding on a per-recording (or series recording) basis in the schedule.

Under what circumstances (eg other recordings); it virtually never happens here.

No prior recording but EA starts a few seconds in, missing part of the actual action - seconds probably but annoying. With Padding at the start it is fine. End Padding is zero. I record as a series from the Humax EPG.

However I noticed that Top Gear recording often ends before the actual end so I tried to put Padding at the end.

Yes, that's right. You can further customise padding on a per-recording (or series recording) basis in the schedule.

Ah, that is probably the answer to what I need then. I wonder how I missed the notes on that. Just looked under the Multi guidance rather than in the schedule.

If they're already padded, then you will need to change them to AR in the Schedule screen, then back to padding at which point it will prompt for the start and end pad values.

If they're already padded, then you will need to change them to AR in the Schedule screen, then back to padding at which point it will prompt for the start and end pad values.

Taking Eastenders as an example - in the schedule it is now set as AR series. Under 'more' I find Delete, Disable AR and Change Folder. No option to set Padding.

EDIT: Ok, Disable AR = Padding :)

Suggest toggle AR/Padding rather than Disable AR/?

Back