Multiple USB Discs on the humax at the same time

ed209

Would the HDR Fox T2 be able to see and use more than one USB disc if they were connected to the unit via a USB hub?
I just want to confirm this before I buy a hub

If you have two USB drives connected to a HDR-FOX, copying to/ from the internal drive from/ to either USB drive is fine. I think it depends on the format of the USB drives, but copying from one usb drive to another might not work: it may not distinguish between the drives and try to move rather than copy the files. Copying from one USB drive to the other with Web-If, for example, rather than the remote control works though.

I think it depends on the format of the USB drives, but copying from one usb drive to another might not work: it may not distinguish between the drives and try to move rather than copy the files.
Obviously I don't know whether it will always work but is has worked for me when using both ports and no hub on the few occasions I did that back before I installed the CF.

Watch out for 7 port hubs - these are (usually) already daisy chained internally, operating as 4ports+3ports, and, further, I've had some sorts of failure with a couple of samples

Back