[mvdisks] an external usb hard drive to the internal hard drive?

There is now a new package to do this (mvdisks). If you have already installed the script in post 14 above please stop and remove it before installing.

The new package uses the hotplug mechanism (mdev) so that when usb drive(s) are connected, a new mount point is created under "My Video". The mount point will be removed if the drive is disconnected. This should also work with the ntfs-3g driver for writable NTFS format disks.

There is now a new package to do this (mvdisks). If you have already installed the script in post 14 above please stop and remove it before installing.

The new package uses the hotplug mechanism (mdev) so that when usb drive(s) are connected, a new mount point is created under "My Video". The mount point will be removed if the drive is disconnected. This should also work with the ntfs-3g driver for writable NTFS format disks.

Sounds good, I cant find that package in the pkg.shtml, I did update the package list?

thanks

You need to go to: Settings>>Advanced Settings>>Show development and advanced packages>>ON. Then update.

Are you going to start a New thread for [mvdisks] and link to it from here, or should I add [mvdisks] to the title of this thread?

Would the original poster be happy for the titile to be changed?
We can let him get back to us about that, I just thought that if you started a new thread for your package, you could start with all of the relevant information in the first post which you could update as required.

Back