my first problem-no custom portal

johndriscoll

Hello
Just bought my Fox HDR to replace my 9200
I have updated firmware to "29" version and 2.14 custom software
I then typed in the IP address into my PC using firefox. The custom TV portal started and finished OK with "Congratulations, you have successfully installed the full web interface
and supporting packages. Please restart your Humax device using the
remote control to put it into standby, wait for it to fully shut down
and then start it up again."
I did this but when I start TV portal I still only get the standard menu and no sign of the custom portal
Help please

All you have done is install the framework for the custom software and the web interface. You now need to access the web interface via Firefox in the same way as you just did, then you can load whatever selection of services you want via the Package Management page.

If you are new to the forum you will find the links in my signature panel below useful reading.

The custom TV portal started and finished OK with "Congratulations, you have successfully installed the full web interface

I think it's best to clarify a couple of terms here :-
1) When you are Logging on to your Humax from your P.C., you are using the Web-Interface or Web-If
2) The 'Custom TV portal' is an installable package that enhances the Remote Control 'TV Portal' function

I would suggest that you have a look at the Custom Firmware Overview for more info. the current Custom Firmware TV Portal package is called Portal Xtra1

Back