My Humax trys to boot, crashes, trys to boot, crashes...

ought

Hello,

I am having issues with my Humax HDR-FOX T2.

As soon as I give it any power it starts to boot then in the LED shows "CRASH - wait", then "Reboot in 10", followed by a countdown of 10 seconds, then "Reboot".

It continues to do this until I flick the power switch.

My wife tells me that today the television guide was working unusually quickly, so something must have updated.

I have unplugged the network cable, the aerial and the external hard drive, but no joy.

I have tried a couple of older firmwares (official and custom) to fix it, and no change.

I can not telnet in to maintenance mode as it won't boot.

Can anybody please please help? ;o)

Thank you

Blimey I hope not a Hard Drive failure. All my precious recordings.

Could it not be a problem with my recording schedule as mentioned on previous threads?

Thanks for the replies.

That's an odd one. It could be a recording schedule problem but do you know if anything has changed there recently?
I'll upload something to try and help.

With a fairly recent custom firmware installed, download http://hpkg.tv/misc/clearsched.spk and put it on a USB stick. Plug the USB stick in while turning the box on and hopefully it will kick in and clear the schedule for you as well as forcing maintenance mode.
It depends on how quickly it's crashing..
If this doesn't work, I can build you a one-off custom firmware.

Could it not be a problem with my recording schedule as mentioned on previous threads?
I don't remember reading anything about corrupt recording schedules, but I suppose it's possible. The idea of disconnecting the HDD was to isolate any corruption on there from the boot process - but the schedule is not held on the HDD, so AF's approach is the only possibility in that case. Performing a restore-factory-defaults operation is not possible if you can't get to the menus.

Thanks for the file. I will give it a try right now!

I know my schedule has over 200 items in it, mostly those that are set to disable the automatic updates. They just seem to keep adding.

Unfortunately no luck with the clearsched.spk

Again it just flashed up the custom firmware number, the hard drive started to spin, and then it crashed with the countdown.

I did notice once yesterday it got as far as showing one of the BBC channel names though, but only once.

If you are able to do me a custom firmware to try af123 that would be wonderful. Thank you!!

Thanks for the file. I will give it a try right now!

I know my schedule has over 200 items in it, mostly those that are set to disable the automatic updates. They just seem to keep adding.
Are you sure you have/had the latest version of disable_ota installed (version 1.02).
I'm sure this build up was a bug in the previous version.

Are you sure you have/had the latest version of disable_ota installed (version 1.02).
I'm sure this build up was a bug in the previous version.

N0t at all sure, and no way to check now. If I get it working again I'll be certain its the updated version though

Have you yet tried disconnecting the hard drive as suggested by BH in posts #2 and #8?

Thanks again for the replies.

af123 has sorted me out and my Humax is back in action! af123 is a gent! Thank you.

I think this is an example of a failure condition that couldn't be fixed without the custom firmware!
Thinking about it, it would actually be possible to create a 'revert to factory defaults' update file.

Back