My recordings problem

wwehbk77

Hi I installed some new packages but now some times when I switch on my freeview and press media button to get to my recordings it locks up and reboots it self does anyone know what package causes it

I don't think any Custom Firmware packages have been reported as causing this problem, things to look for are corrupted recorded programmes that won't play, they may also have a 'lightening bolt' symbol against them, these recordings can sometimes crash the Humax, deleting them can fix the problem

I don't think any Custom Firmware packages have been reported as causing this problem, things to look for are corrupted recorded programmes that won't play, they may also have a 'lightening bolt' symbol against them, these recordings can sometimes crash the Humax, deleting them can fix the problem
Found recording with lighting bolt so I deleted it but still does it, it don't do it all the time but some times it's a pain

Well it must be your custom firmware because I put orginal firmware in couple weeks ago and had no freezes lock ups and restarting

Replies seem to be rather thin on the ground....
For what it is worth, if it were me, I would try running without customisation to see if the problem persists.
Either re-install the standard software or uninstall the custom firmware, see the Wiki (click) (link stolen from Black Hole, thanks).
If the problem has gone, then re-apply the custom firmware.
If the problem returns, then post the base and custom firmware versions and (hopefully) someone will provide some further suggestions.

Your choice. Many people experience no problems whatsoever, but as you have supplied no information whatsoever about your configuration we have no opportunity to address any issues you may have had.

On the other hand, it is also possible that your posts are simply designed to discredit the custom firmware in web searches.

I wasn't discrediting the custom firmware I was using 1.02.32 custom firmware and the latest webif it was working but I installed some packages but I don't know which ones then I started have problems

went back to custom firmware today because starting to freezing and rebooting on standard firmware don't know if it could be the hardrive

That does not sound too good. If you have rescued anything you want to keep, go for a hard drive format and restore factory defaults.

Back