My T2 has died - I think !

Sounds odd. I'm not aware of anything that might cause what you see (even if the recordings were encrypted). The only remedy I can think of is to run fixdisk.

Noticed something slightly odd last night. The old 1TB disk that I dropped in was still about 90% full of old recordings and this is indeed reflected in the disk icon on screen and in the webif.
However, the media list is only showing me the couple of recordings that I made last night - none of the pre-existing ones that were made on my original T2. Ergo I can't delete anything to create more space.
Not too worried about this disk as it's a temporary measure but a bit more concerned that my 2TB disk might display the same behaviour when I come to fit it.

Any ideas?
Try exploring the file structure using a telnet window or sharing the disk with another PC - you may be able to find where the recordings are lurking if they are not under /media

Once you have located them you should be able to put them in the correct location either by creating aliases for the folders or by moving them - moves on the same disk are quick because it only involves directory updates.

Hi MM and thanks for the nudge - without checking I'm fairly certain you have hit the nail on the head.
If memory serves, when I upgraded to the 2TB HDD I copied the existing recordings across in batches as and when I had the time.
As I went along I moved the successfully copied files to a separate folder as a means of keeping track of what was left to be done.
It wouldn't have occurred to me to move everything back to /media at the end as I wasn't expecting to re-use the disk in a T2.
Time permitting, a very quick telnet session this evening should sort things out.
Thanks again.

Just thought I'd round this post off by reporting that the original 2TB disk has now been moved into the replacement T2 without incident - everything working just fine.
I used the caddy and fan from the original T2 as the fan was considerably cleaner looking. In fact, my original T2 was far the better looking, cosmetically, but this one works - even if
the aerial in socket on the tuner has a bit of play in it. Need to keep an eye on that! :o_O:
At some point I'll have another go at removing the other fan for a proper clean and might even have a try at booting the original box with the disk caddy power cable removed as per Charon's post #32.

In the meantime, a big thank you to everybody who contributes to this invaluable forum and I'm off to put my money where my mouth is by visiting the Paypal page in RS.
Thanks.

Back