Mystery 'invisible' recordings

Cancunia

I had a few recordings in the root of the My Video folder that disappeared a couple of days ago. Browsing via the WebIF and via the CLI showed that they were all still there but for some reason they did not appear when browsing via the Humax on the TV, although the parent folder did show 'nn' files were in the folder. I moved them all to a 'Misc' folder via a file manager but they were still not visible via the TV. All recordings had sidecar files and when comparing the file permissions with a 'visible' folder, the permissions were identical.
I moved just the .ts files to another folder and now the Humax sees them via the TV and they can be played, so I'm guessing there's an issue with the .nts or .hmt sidecar files which I'm rebuilding with the sidecar package. So far I've rebuilt 2 sets of sidecars and run detectads without issues.
Another oddity is that these recordings do not get the full set of menu options that you get when pressing the 'Opt+' button while using the WebIf browser.

I think the above now resolved but thought I'd post it in case anyone else has similar problems

Can you show some examples, including the full set of sidecar files that are present
It is difficult to give any suggestions based on the above descriptions

I think I've found the cause of the problem but not exactly what's happening in detail.
It's something to do with trying to browse or stream recordings from the HDR-T2 on a FoxSat HDR. On the HDR-T2 I have a SAMBA share and on the FoxSat I have NASMount pointing to that share so that I can browse the recordings.
It seems that the .hmt files are altered in any folder that the the FoxSat browses, including the root 'My Video'. I've confirmed this by running the sidecar plugin and updating just the .hmt file on an 'invisible' recording, running sidecar and just updating the .hmt will make the recording re-appear. The irony is that the FoxSat HDR does not care about .hmt files on any disk other than the internal hard drive.

If you use the command line hmt utility in the HDR-FOX CF, you should get information on exactly how the .hmt file is being corrupted. Failing that, zip the .hmt and attach it to a post for our experts to examine.

The deduced structure of a HDR-FOX .hmt is detailed in the wiki HERE (click).

Here you go, see attached. The 'Good' .hmt has been created by the Sidecar plugin.

Code:
Bad
humax# hmt Paul\ Simon.hmt
Invalid HMT file, Paul Simon.hmt

Good (Truncated)

humax# hmt Paul\ Simon.hmt
Format:SD
Title:New: Paul Simon: Under African...
ITitle:New: Paul Simon: Under African...
Channel:0 (Freeview)
Episode:0,0/0
Folder:/mnt/hd2/My Video/TS-Only/

Attachments

• HMT.zip
    2 KB · Views: 3
There are lots of changes. The only thing to be said is don't let the FoxSat see the T2's .hmt files, because they will be re-written. You are operating outside the design of the original Humax software (crap/clunky as some of it is).

The only thing to be said is don't let the FoxSat see the T2's .hmt files, because they will be re-written.
I'd come to the same conclusion and had posted my findings in case anyone else had the same problems, but since someone asked and it was only a few minutes effort, I thought I'd oblige with a Zip & Upload.

Back