Mystified of Blackpool writes...

ukayjohn

Don't know if this problem is 4G Clearance/Retune related, but Hummy has lost HD channels that were on CH54, yet my HDTV which has it's ariel looped through the Hummy displays them perfectly?. I'm on the Winter Hill Transmitter by the way, and a retune of the Hummy hasn't solved the problem. Any help appreciated.

Have you performed a detailed manual retune as specified HERE (click)? If it is only the HiDef mux implicated, you only need to scan the relevant channel number with no preliminary aborted auto-scan to delete the current tuning set (and don't forget to select DVB T2).

If you are confident this part is OK, please compare the channel number the TV thinks the HiDef mux is on with the tuning of the HDR, and check the transmission readings: Menu >> Settings >> System >> Signal Detection

Have you performed a detailed manual retune as specified HERE (click)? If it is only the HiDef mux implicated, you only need to scan the relevant channel number with no preliminary aborted auto-scan to delete the current tuning set (and don't forget to select DVB T2).
Yes, tried the manual retune on CH54/DVB-T2, got a strength/quality of Zero, so not sure how the TV is displaying them??.

Not that it helps you much but I'm receiving channel 54 from winter hill ok.

Channel 54
Frequency 7380000
Transmission DVB-T2
Bandwidth 8MHz

Strength 69%
Quality 100%

Sent from my GT-N7100

Yes, tried the manual retune on CH54/DVB-T2, got a strength/quality of Zero, so not sure how the TV is displaying them??.
On the Signal Detection menu previously referenced, please quote the channel numbers listed. If you can find a way on the TV, please list the channel numbers tuned there.

I notice the Winter Hill HiDef mux is listed as "54-", indicating the centre frequency is off the channel norm downwards. The AFC ought to have found it though. As a suggestion, try dialling in the exact frequency on the manual scan page instead of selecting the channel number from the list: 737800 kHz.

(This is what a quick Google threw up, but as far as I can see the "normal" frequencies for channel 54 would be 735250 for video and 741250 audio - mid-frequency being 738250. The Humax allocates 54 to 738000, and I will be very surprised if tweaking that down by a mere 200kHz makes a difference.)

Just had a quick read on tinterweb and it seems it could "possibly" be 4g related.

It seems the 4g reception issue will materialise as a measured 0% signal as set top boxes are programmed to shut down receivers if there is too much signal and the 4g signal can overload it. Could be that the max signal before shutdown is set differently on your tv and the humax.

I found the second link below particularly enlightening. Are you using and signal boosters?

http://www.ukfree.tv/fullstory.php?storyid=1107052059

http://www.ukfree.tv/fullstory.php?storyid=1107051892

Sent from my GT-N7100

Channel 54 is well away from 4G frequencies, so if the input is being shut down because it is overloaded wouldn't it shut down on all channels?

The list of channel numbers which work (TV/HDR) will confirm whether the OP is really receiving from Winter Hill, the only other things I can think of being an intolerance in the AFC system to the tuning shift or the T2 sub-system being faulty (although in the latter case I would expect it still to show signal level, even if quality was zero).

I'm on Winter Hill too, but in Cheshire, and had the no signal on 54 problem.

But eventually I realised I hadn't changed the DVB setting to T2 :disagree:.

Back