NASMount shows Incorrect Custom Firmware version. Where is CFW 4.1?

Matthew Shaw

Thank you to the developer "adrianf36" for producing a wonderful new plug-in to "Media and File Server Bundle for the Humax Foxsat HDR" by Raydon, called 'NAS Mount utility'

So I've set some settings for NAS Mount Utility, when I press 'mount' I get:

Tue Jan 29 22:24:34 GMT 2013 : Single drive remount initiated from Web Interface .....
Tue Jan 29 22:24:34 GMT 2013 : ----------------------------------------------------------
Tue Jan 29 22:24:34 GMT 2013 : ERROR finding virtual USB Device. NOT mounting drives
Tue Jan 29 22:24:34 GMT 2013 : Possible problem with Kernel Modules not being loaded
Tue Jan 29 22:24:34 GMT 2013 : Reboot or use the 'Reset/Remount All' button on the settings page to reload Kernel Modules

I've rebooted the Humax Foxsat HDR but get the same error everytime.
When I press the 'Re-Mount all shares' button I get:

Tue Jan 29 22:23:37 GMT 2013 : All drive remount initiated from Web Interface .....
Tue Jan 29 22:23:38 GMT 2013 : ----------------------------------------------------------
Tue Jan 29 22:23:38 GMT 2013 : Dismounting required drives .....
Tue Jan 29 22:23:39 GMT 2013 : No mount points to unmount!
Tue Jan 29 22:23:40 GMT 2013 : ----------------------------------------------------------
Tue Jan 29 22:23:40 GMT 2013 : Incorrect Custom Firmware version to support NASMount
Tue Jan 29 22:23:40 GMT 2013 : Need CFW v 4.1.0 or later.

I'm using Custom Firmware v4.0.8.
I've searched for a newer version, but the latest I can find is v4.0.8 from the myhumax.org blog ?page_id=166

I know v4.0.9 is out as its mentioned in the Release History (in the web interface), but I can't find it.

Does anyone know where I can get the latest custom firmware version?

Anyone have the same problem? or can suggest a solution?
Much appreciated

I can answer my own question now!

I found the answer: avforums com forums freesa 1661195-media-file-server-bundle-foxsat-hdr-release-4-0-part-3-a

Unfortunately it doesn't work well for me. The display of files on the NAS is only partial, unusably partial as it turns out.

Unfortunately it doesn't work well for me. The display of files on the NAS is only partial, unusably partial as it turns out.
adrianf36 has already responded to your similar posting over at AV forums but I will duplicate it here for the benefit of others who may not have seen it.
The Foxsat will only "see" (i.e. display) files from the NAS that are in its native transport stream (.ts) format. And only then if the corresponding (and valid) sidecar .hmt and .nts files are in the same folder. The Foxsat is not capable of playing other file formats (AVI, MKV etc).
I can also add to this, and state that any native HDR Fox T2 recordings on the NAS will be listed as a broken recording with a blank name entry. This is down to the file formats being different on each box.
Anyone with a Foxsat HDR who is simply wanting to archive native Foxsat HDR recordings to theire NAS and play them back from there should have no difficulty in doing so.

adrianf36 has already responded to your similar posting over at AV forums but I will duplicate it here for the benefit of others who may not have seen it.
The Foxsat will only "see" (i.e. display) files from the NAS that are in its native transport stream (.ts) format. And only then if the corresponding (and valid) sidecar .hmt and .nts files are in the same folder. The Foxsat is not capable of playing other file formats (AVI, MKV etc).
I can also add to this, and state that any native HDR Fox T2 recordings on the NAS will be listed as a broken recording with a blank name entry. This is down to the file formats being different on each box.
Anyone with a Foxsat HDR who is simply wanting to archive native Foxsat HDR recordings to theire NAS and play them back from there should have no difficulty in doing so.

OK, I understand now. Sorry about the confusion, caused by my only seeing some folders and no files on my NAS. I will stick with the HDR Fox T2 automount. Nice idea, though.

Back