Nearly all recordings are incomplete.

cornishlad

Bought just before Christmas. My partner (the recording engineer) was reluctant to stop using our old Technick box so have only now started to use it , although many recordings had been made.
Some were in doubled up on the Technick and were ok . Now we find that the majority of recorded programs on the humax were terminated early... such as a few minutes to 30 minutes in the case of one 2 hour film. software version is 1.00.27. Any explanation for this or should we take it back to Currys.

While I was typing the previous message we were watching, and recording, a "test" program. It has just terminated early with a message "hard drive error" and then a re-boot. Thinking back to when we first got it, we were often just watching programs through it and it would often go black and re-boot even though no recording was being made. In this instance the re-boot co-incided with simply using the remote to look at the epg, while the "test" recording was under way. I think it must be faulty.

I would recommend you buy something more modern which has DVB-T2 capability.
The 9300 doesn't (AFAIK) but the HDR Fox T2 does.

I took it back to Currys who offered replacement or money back. Took the money as they didn't have any in stock or in their warehouse.
Went to Humax direct online and got a grade A for £95 delivered saving £60. Coming next Tuesday...fingers crossed.
prpr: not bothered about HD as on our screen size SD looks great to us..

prpr: not bothered about HD as on our screen size SD looks great to us..
You might be bothered if SD muxes start migrating to DVB-T2.
Then your 9300 will become more and more useless.
This is bound to happen. It is just a matter of when.

Back