Nebie stupid question!

BoogieBear

Hi folks, sorry but I need to ask a stupid question!

I have installed the custom firmware on one of my two HD/Fox T2 recorders

I have received an e-mail from Humax saying there will be an update applied in the early hours of the morning - will this overwrite the CFW and if so should I switch auto-updates off?

Thanks in advance
BB

The OTA update is for the HDR-FOX only, the HD-FOX is unaffected.
With the HDR-FOX, if the custom firmware (CFW) is based on the latest official firmware (1.03.12), it will not be overwritten by the OTA.
Auto-update keeps the CFW packages up to date, not the firmware itself, so removing this package will not affect an OTA update in any way.
If you want to block an OTA, you can do this if you have the CFW installed with the Disable OTA package loaded and the reminder covering the 4.20 to 4.40AM period in the schedule.

Hi folks, sorry but I need to ask a stupid question!

I have installed the custom firmware on one of my two HD/Fox T2 recorders

I have received an e-mail from Humax saying there will be an update applied in the early hours of the morning - will this overwrite the CFW and if so should I switch auto-updates off?

Thanks in advance
BB
For starters I presume we are talking about HDR-FOX here.

Whether the OTA will affect you depends what standard firmware you are currently on - find out from the bottom right of the WebIF pages or on the Humax itself: Menu >> Settings >> System >> System Information. If it says anything less than 1.03.12 then yes, you are ripe for an OTA update and it will indeed overwrite the firmware part of the custom firmware (not the packages, they will be present but dormant until the CF is reinstated).

There is no means to disable OTA updates in the Humax menus, you can either install the disable-ota package or simply set a daily reminder schedule - full details here: http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/non-custom-protection-from-ota.1842/. While you are about it, it is standard practice to install disable-dso to prevent unwanted forced retunes as well.

See the first few topics in Things Every... (click).

Thanks folks, I had read Things every etc..... but somehow that bit slipped my mind - old age is a bugger sometimes!
Cheers BB

Back