Need help please..Webif settings & corrupted disc?

Hi Guys,
Need help with 2 issues i am currently having, the first being the most annoying!
My screen saver clock seems to have defaulted itself to the yellow gobbldygook one and as much as i try to change it to something else it won't have it. I click on another SSaver, and the screen changes to a blank one with the message "settings saved". I have even tried a reboot after this but to no avail it just wont change............
Problem#2 I noticed an error message on the Webif the other day saying disc sectors corrupted. I have attached the 3 screenshots here including the diagnostic hoping someone can advise. It does not seem to cause me any trouble but clearly something is not right.
I haven't updated my firmware for a little while so i am afraid i can't tell you what version it is. If this is important i will find out later tonight.
Thank you.Screenshot_2013-04-15-20-19-29.pngScreenshot_2013-04-15-20-18-23.pngScreenshot_2013-04-15-20-19-22.png

See this thread for info about the reallocated sectors warning.

I am not sure why you are unable to select a different screensaver. Try selecting a different screensaver by running the screensaver command from the telnet command prompt. It may give an error message if there is a problem somewhere.

So run Telnet, type screensaver and let it does it stuff? Thanks. Will go to disk diagnostic page and try and clear the other warning.

Hi Guys,
My screen saver clock seems to have defaulted itself to the yellow gobbldygook one and as much as i try to change it to something else it won't have it. I click on another SSaver, and the screen changes to a blank one with the message "settings saved". I have even tried a reboot after this but to no avail it just wont change............
martypants16, is the screensaver problem resolved? The newly selected screensaver will only be displayed after a standby e.g. a proper hard disk spin-down. Let me know if there is still a problem

I had the same problem with the screensaver

I normally have "random" selected and have auto install of any package updates

A few weeks ago the default screensaver changed to "Maze" which is the first one in the list.

I assumed this was as a result of a package update but did not check.

If you have the screensaver-all package installed then an auto-update will have installed the Maze screensaver. Since it would be a new installation the installer will select it as the new active screensaver. You should be able to re-select the random screensaver from the web interface though.

Hi Ezra/ xyz,
Apologies for the delay, no it hasn't worked. I still cant get rid of the maze after rebooting etc. I didn't select the maze screensaver through choice....

Not sure what is happening there but if you uninstall screensaver-Maze in the Web-If >> packages >> installed screen and then re-boot the Humax, it will revert to the original screensaver and then you can select a new alternative if you wish from the Web-if >> packages >> available screen, this will also require a re-boot before the new selection is displayed

Ok mystery deepens.....webif won't let me delete screensaver !!! Says another package depends on it...print dependents warning????

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-05-07-19-39-18.png
    Screenshot_2013-05-07-19-39-18.png
    88.8 KB · Views: 8
Have you tried selecting another screensaver in the web interface and clicked on "Update Settings"?

Yes did that initially. Goes to a blank white screen and just says settings saved at the top. Do a reboot after but then when i go back to the webif it has reverted back to the poxy maze one.

I have just managed to remove the Screensaver-Maze package with no Dependent Package Warnings, but I don't have Screensaver-all installed. I think the problem is caused by an interaction between the 'Maze' and 'all' packages, xyz123 may be able to throw some light on it, but in the short term I think you could get around the problem by removing (un-installing) the Screensaver-all package before removing screensaver-Maze

That's better Ezra. Removing screensaver all allows me to remove screensaver maze... Will see if this resolves the problem tomorrow evening.

Going back to the corrupted disc, i still keep getting errors every time i log onto the webif..................If my hard disc were to fail ( not bothered about losing recordings) is it possible to fit a new one? Is there one that's recommended? Is it a DIY job?? Are there any instructions !?!?!?

If you replace like-for-like, it is only a case of fitting it and using the Humax menus to format it. You might also like to review af123's blog about fitting a 2TB drive (the max) in the Wiki HERE (click); the information is pertinent to fitting any other non-standard disk, and there is advice on what to buy.

Thanks Guys.....I now have the normal screensaver. I still can't select another one but to be honest i am not bothered about that. Perhaps if i ever do a firmware reinstall it might clear it. And i know what to do when my hard disk fails. Great !

Back